By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The gen just started, What is your lifetime sales prediction for all home consoles.

AZWification said:

PS4: 90 million ( Lol at people predicting 110 million + for PS4)
Xbox One: 60 million
Wii U: 30 million

Wait and see ps4 will surely sell over 100 millions.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Not much good at such things but I will go for:

Ps4 115m
Xbone 45m
Wii U 40m

Let's see how that turns out.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

PS4 - 70-80 millions
XBoxOne - 40-50 millions
WiiU - 30-35 millions

3DS - 70-80 millions
Vita - 30-35 millions

Tablets - 8989247297487248 millions
Smartphones - 578783578348392384 millions

If the trend continues, and I do believe it will, we will see lower and lower consoles sales every year. Then console would be likely to reach 100 million units sold this generation.

PS4: 90 million.
One: 65 million.
Wii U: 25 million.

3DS: 80 million.
Vita: 20 million.

Short generation, fairly flat sales curves compared to the 7th gen market leader.

Most of you guys post lower total numbers than last gen. Do you really think this gen will be the very first that witness a decline in total sales?

Because I don't think so at all.

Just for the record, last gen:

Wii 100m + PS3 90m + 360 85m = 275m

I think this gen could end up like this:

PS4 150m
Xbone 100m
WiiU 40m

Which would make up total sales of 290m, just slightly above last gen.

There are a lot of predictions with 200m or less total sales, which would be very bad and I think it's pretty unrealistic.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Of course the lifetime sales depend a lot on the length of this generation. I expect a new Nintendo console by 2017 and Sony will follow 2019 (if still existing; otherwise Samsung will release a console). MS will drop out of the console business shortly after. I also think that we will see a rise of playing via stream at the end of this generation, and my numbers don't include pure streaming-devices/"consoles". So here's my guess, based on those assumptions:

WiiU: 25m
PS4: 130m
XOne: 75m

PS4: 100million
Xbox One: 60 million
Wii U: 25 million

ghettoglamour said:
Most of you guys post lower total numbers than last gen. Do you really think this gen will be the very first that witness a decline in total sales?

Because I don't think so at all.

Just for the record, last gen:

Wii 100m + PS3 90m + 360 85m = 275m

I think this gen could end up like this:

PS4 150m
Xbone 100m
WiiU 40m

Which would make up total sales of 290m, just slightly above last gen.

There are a lot of predictions with 200m or less total sales, which would be very bad and I think it's pretty unrealistic.

Shorter generation, branching market, faster pace of market movements in consumer electronics and more reliance upon revisionist hardware tied to software playing on the same strength.

Personally; I think it's highly unrealistic to expect growth in the 8th generation, seeing as how the vast majority of the market leader's installed base from the 7th gen have jumped into other forms of gaming. That would require the core gamer market to grow by 70-90 million or so in home console alone. Not to mention the fact that we're already seeing this contraction playing out right before or eyes, or have you not noticed that the 3DS/Vita combo is set to sell probably about 100 million combined where the DS/PSP combo sold 240 million?

PS4: 165 mil
X1: 85 mil
Wii U: 35 mil

I am the Playstation Avenger.

ps4 90m+
xbone 40m
wii u 42m

just ps will be up this gen. xbone will just lose some users(the sales of the xbone are way higher than the users, because millions of people buyed 2 or more cause of bad manifacturing from m$)