By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U - 2013 vs 2014 USA Sales comparison (VG Chartz)

Mummelmann said:

So he made another thread because someone annoyed him by mentioning a region he doesn't care about, 11 days after the fact? That would be an incredibly strange thing to do.

I think it's more about the fact that he sees that the Wii U is up yoy by a good amount in NA so he wanted to shift focus to this region, it's hardly coincidence that this thread appeared right around the time the numbers for the week ending feb 1st were posted.

It's not a big deal but seems kind of superfluous, and as far as discussing sales of individual regions becoming chaotic in a thread sporting global numbers in the OP: we do it every week on vgchartz in the weekly sales threads so I really don't see the issue there.

You aren't going to get anywhere with who you're arguing. However, I don't think it's as much of an issue. Hardly an issue at all. (Like you said) Members do this all the time. I think there were multiple 3DS ones as well, even a PS3 one.

It might've made more sense to have one thread with everything in it, but meh, it's not much of an issue. He does need to fix that graph in his original thread, though! It's annoying!

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

I don't think it's as much of an issue.

Hardly an issue at all.  

but meh, it's not much of an issue. 

On a scale of 1-10, how much of an issue would you say this was, NintendoPie?

Kresnik said:

I don't need your sarcasm, Snik. I can repeat myself 1'000 times if I want!...

Also, 2. Meaning slightly more than no issue.

Kresnik said:
NintendoPie said:

I don't think it's as much of an issue.

Hardly an issue at all.  

but meh, it's not much of an issue. 

A friend of mine from Bristol always says; "Got an issue? Here's a tissue."

Also; I would vote a 3, simply because I'm a bit gassy today.

Flip side to the coin is that USA sales have outdid Japan+UK and then some. So Nintendo needs to raise their sales in those country's also, not just only in the USA it seems.

People just need to realize if Nintendo's gimmicks don't work/sell they do a 20-30m lifetime sales historically.

The Wii U's controller gimmicks have yet to amaze, so it's the same old song and dance for them. The Wii U's controller is as inspiring as a N64 or a Gamecube controller in the average consumers eyes. It does not have any of the appeal the WiiMote had to casuals. It will be a Gamecube/N64 repeat in my eyes for the Wii U, in fact sales are below those 2 for now and into the foreseeable future. It could change, but I wouldn't bet on it with even a dollar of my own money honestly.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

1: Did I say it was this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6030669 post that made him create this thread? No, that was simply to show how strange it seems to create this thread when he clearly states that he has no interest in this region and its numbers.

2: You're aware that you're breaking at least a couple of rules by engaging in a completely unprovoked personal attack, right? I have half a mind to report you. Calling me paranoid for asking legitimate questiones, inquiring about whether I'm on medication and generally lashing out and going super-defensive is way out of line, if anything; you seem to have a really strangely high level of vested interest in this user, especially for a member who is only hours old.

The fact I'm talking about is that the Wii U is up globally due to the increase in NA, and it seems very likely that he created a thread that showcases better numbers and increases for his favorite console. There's no harm in it, but it still seems like simply taking the discussion in the thread that was already made would be better; it also has a lot more post with several participants already.

3: So, you made your account today and you're going to tell a 6-7 year member what the rules are? How is it off-topic to do regional breakdowns in global sales threads? People do it every week, it's what the threads are for; discussing the sales. I can't believe you would write "is off-topic even when it is related", that is the most self defeating line I've read in quite some time.

1. I thought you were talking about that users post since he was first to mention US since you wrote this; "So he made another thread because someone annoyed him by mentioning a region he doesn't care about, 11 days after the fact?" and also how is it strange to make a thread about certain topic that some user in other thread created interest about that certain topic? The user that posted that Wii U is being severely overtracked in USA made the action and user that created that thread decided to create this thread as a reaction. What is strange or weird about that? It is as strange and weird as having a gun and pull the trigger and then bullet/ball goes out of the barrel...

2.I apologize if I offended you and I can assure you this was nothing personal and I won't mind you seeing it the way you want it. I didn't call you that because of your question that is legitimate, but rather because your conclusion or to be more precise your assumption of a reason of creation of this thread by that user. Also I am not lashing out on you and that is maybe your perspective or a thing that you want to see in your interest if that is the case also I was not being super-defensive except if being doubtful is for you being "super-defensive".

@underlined No... Just no. It is something completelly different and again you see it the way you want it.

@bolded I am pretty sure that you want it to see it that way, do you have some confirmation that he is a Nintendo fan or that he owns a Wii U and that he owns and may owned other platforms from Nintendo? On his profile I only see games that he owns on PC and no games from Nintendo nor games that he owns that are for Nintendo's platform...

3.You got it all wrong and you see it the way you want to see it, again. Maybe I don't properly express myself and what I am trying to convey to you and the others. What I wanted to say is this... If a threads OP is focused on Global sales only and does not mention regional sales then a long term discussion of a regional sales should be considered off-topic since the thread its self is focused solely on global sales while OP of that thread does not mention regional sales.

Am I wrong or not? Or I simply differently interpret some stuff...

4. Here is a proposal/suggestion;

Lets not talk about this anymore, just both of us let this slide so that we don't argue anymore otherwise it could turn up into a statemate and war of atrition. Lets just burry the war hatchet...  Lets be honest, this turned into a waste of time and energy.

This thread seems unnecessary. I prefer just looking at the other one.

I'm glad we have this thread too. I think it illustrates that while WiiU launched reasonably OK in Japan, it stumbled out the gate in the US.

Wouldn't mind if we had a combined thread, but this is alright -- makes reading the charts easier.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Separate threads for easier reading. Not a problem. Stop arguing.

Thanks for compiling this, Eyeofcore.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I wonder if you will adjust this?