By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why death of HD-DVD will not impact Blu-ray sales????????

It will take sometime before Blu-ray gains more interest from the public. More interest will come from HD-DVD exclusives. Not the dead of HD-DVD. Right now the public is unaware of it. Although I've read it in the newspaper today. It's not like "omg finally war is over" I'll buy Blu-ray today. Eventually Blu-ray will get a movie boost due to Universal & Paramount re-releases of HD-DVD.

Around the Network

When will they let the exclusive studios end their contracts?

Munkeh111 said:
playnext3 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Shrek trilogy on BD sounds good, as does Bourne trilogy.....
Anyway, I should be able to convince my parents into getting a BD played, probably a PS3 as it is the best and cheapest one, so I have a spare in case anything goes wrong (again). Anyway, I don't think that the boost will be immediate as they are still expensive, and many people will still be hesitant about spending that amount of money, when there still isnt a huge selection of titles available on BD, and those HD-DVD exclusives wont be out for a little bit.

get a ps3 and you have the best blu-ray,best games of this generation,free network.........,if you are not satisfate with that,i can't do anyting for you

I've got my PS3, but I want my parents to get one too, but of course they do not like the PS brand, as they do not really beleive that the PS3 is the best bd player, and they do not like the PS brand, all it would do is save me from having to lug my PS3 downstairs to play in HD, then I could just take my savedata across

ps3 is the best blu-ray in the market,cuz it can be update,futures firewere will include the profile 2.00,first BD can't do that,you see..

Doktor85 said:
It will take sometime before Blu-ray gains more interest from the public. More interest will come from HD-DVD exclusives. Not the dead of HD-DVD. Right now the public is unaware of it. Although I've read it in the newspaper today. It's not like "omg finally war is over" I'll buy Blu-ray today. Eventually Blu-ray will get a movie boost due to Universal & Paramount re-releases of HD-DVD.

haha,yeah you right in this point.toucher lol

Munkeh111 said:

war is over,toshiba lose,they don't need exclusive studios anymore,so ends of the contracts

Around the Network

Even if true the keyword would be "immediatley" and "later this year"

playnext3 said:
Munkeh111 said:

war is over,toshiba lose,they don't need exclusive studios anymore,so ends of the contracts

they have payed for the exclusivity, if they are going to continue selling them to March, wouldn't they want the exclusivity until March, unless they allow them to buy out.

yeah maybe until march

What this means for PS3????,could it win the console war.
lol its really funny
ps3 help blu-ray.................blu-ray help ps3,good team work,,,haha

Doktor85 said:

Haha. What are you talking about friend? Blu-ray is relatively unknown to the general public? Sure I can agree with you on that. But HD DVD's exclusives have nothing to do with what happens with Blu-Ray. Once they can advertise Blu-Ray as THE successor to the DVD, then BR will take off.

Immediately though, people who were on the fence will buy Blu-Ray, and in the long run new marketing campaigns + store recommendations will help move blu-ray in a huge way by the end of the year. You can also expect to see lots of extra features in the Blu-Ray versions that will no longer be in the DVD version, on top of Blu-Ray advertisements on DVD's themselves.