By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales for PS3 - MLB 08: The Show

It is also on PSP, PS2. What do you expect from this game? Keep in mind virtually all sales will be from North America.

Around the Network

MLB 07: The show sold...

About 750k on PS2, and around 250k for the PS3 and the PSP.

umm....maybe like 400,000 - 600,00 on PS3 im just guessing but ill check what 07 did

EDIT: nvm you did it for me....so ill guess around 400,000  

think it will sell around 500k total suits the userbase :)

I read some fantastic impressions about it from gamers which were genuinely surprised by the great presentation on the demo.

Im hoping for it to cross at least the 1 million mark, but Im aiming probably way too high. I'll say 400.000+.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

I would say around 500k. I am a huge fan of baseball games and I originally played the 2k game. This is truly the best baseball series out there IMO. The games are great, the owner/manager stuff is great and the Road to the Show is the only 'play as a superstar' mini game in a sports game that i have ever enjoyed. I can not wait for MLB the Show 08...i would love to see it sell amazing to keep sony in the baseball business!

500,000+ for the PS3, if you havn't played the demo you are missing out. This is easily the best baseball game since MVP 05 and may exceed it. ESPN the Magazine said its the greatest baseball game ever made. It certainly has some of the best graphics ever in a sports game and the gameplay appears to be rock solid again. We just have to see what all the different modes will offer us, hopefully they have gotten deeper.

It will do aroundn 450K-550K WW.

around 100K on PSP, I always buy MLB the show on PSP every year.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

100k? Why less than last year with a bigger fanbase?

xenophon13 said:
I would say around 500k. I am a huge fan of baseball games and I originally played the 2k game. This is truly the best baseball series out there IMO. The games are great, the owner/manager stuff is great and the Road to the Show is the only 'play as a superstar' mini game in a sports game that i have ever enjoyed. I can not wait for MLB the Show 08...i would love to see it sell amazing to keep sony in the baseball business!

I disagree.  I think MLB Power Pros, and the Power Pros series in general blows this game any other baseball games out of the water.

I could see 500K though.