By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When Will Xbox One Outsell Wii U?

zorg1000 said:
DevilRising said:
zorg1000 said:

most people buy a console based on its full library, not 1-2 select titles

Don't discount the endless number of times people in these very threads have made statements to the effect of "I want to get a Wii U but I'm going to wait till Mario Kart/Smash Bros./Zelda comes out to finally get one", or similar statements like "I want a PS4, but I'll wait till _____ comes out before getting one". These statements are made all the time. People may indeed want a system for it's total library.......but often, people decide to make the jump to actually buy, based on 1-2 select titles. Cheers.

I agree a specific game can give a person the motivation to finally pick up a console but for most there has to be at least a couple other games that they want on it. If ur average consumer sees Mario Kart 8 is now out they might get interested in buying a Wii U then they go look at the other games and see Mario Kart 8 is literally the only game available they will probably reconsider. On the other hand if they go look at the other games and see NSMBU, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Nintendo Land, Wii Party U then they will most likely go ahead and buy a Wii U assuming those games appeal to them as well.

i know a lot of people who just have a wii just for mk oder  SSB. they will buy a wii u for it too. its just the best game if u wanna hang out with some friends.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
zorg1000 said:
DevilRising said:
zorg1000 said:

most people buy a console based on its full library, not 1-2 select titles

Don't discount the endless number of times people in these very threads have made statements to the effect of "I want to get a Wii U but I'm going to wait till Mario Kart/Smash Bros./Zelda comes out to finally get one", or similar statements like "I want a PS4, but I'll wait till _____ comes out before getting one". These statements are made all the time. People may indeed want a system for it's total library.......but often, people decide to make the jump to actually buy, based on 1-2 select titles. Cheers.

I agree a specific game can give a person the motivation to finally pick up a console but for most there has to be at least a couple other games that they want on it. If ur average consumer sees Mario Kart 8 is now out they might get interested in buying a Wii U then they go look at the other games and see Mario Kart 8 is literally the only game available they will probably reconsider. On the other hand if they go look at the other games and see NSMBU, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Nintendo Land, Wii Party U then they will most likely go ahead and buy a Wii U assuming those games appeal to them as well.

i know a lot of people who just have a wii just for mk oder  SSB. they will buy a wii u for it too. its just the best game if u wanna hang out with some friends.

How many is alot?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

Well obviously I agree with you. I woudln't personally buy a system just for one game, unless I had an awful lot of money to burn, which I don't. But as you pointed out, I think there are probably a lot of people who are already interested in games like NSMBU, Zombi U, Lego City, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Mario 3D World, WWHD, Bayonetta 2, X, Yoshi, etc., but are still holding off to actually get a Wii U or any of those other games till something big like MK or SB comes out. That was all I was saying.