By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Sochi Olympics: Anyone watching? Has your country met your expectations this year?

Which country will have the most Bronze medals?

Other -Post below 40 21.39%

United States 61 32.62%

Russia 24 12.83%

Norway 12 6.42%

Canada 9 4.81%

Japan 5 2.67%

Germany 5 2.67%

See Results 14 7.49%

United Kingdom 3 1.60%

Poland 3 1.60%

Total:176

@mai: Never heard of short-track either... or Skeleton...the latter is apparently some kinda bobsleigh kinda thing. Tsoi is awesome, and so is tank biathlon

@melbye: at a more than one gold out of 3 medals, most medals or not, still impressive.

Around the Network
mai said:

melbye said:

No country has won as much as Norway in the winter olympics. 325 medals so far from 1924-2014, 117 of them are gold.

I'm not sure about total count, but I think Soviet Union + Russia have won more, or that's cheating? :D

I think Germany might edge it because would have Germany, West Germany and East Germany.  Soviet Union and Russian Federation definitely be up there though.

Ok, I got what short-track is, it's skates for people of small, tender build, i.e. Asians, those bulky Dutch people just won't fit into the track, hence the name "short" :D it's good we've got a lot of Asians.

We've won US team in 5000 m relay race in short track. Good day for short-track!

Pretty  surprised to see actual ethnic Kazakh people in Kazakhstan team. If I wasn't aware I'd probably thought Kazakhs are some weird version of Russians as in 9 cases out of 10 Kazakshtan is represented by Russian athletes, but Kazakh athletes do exist too, apparently! Was hoping they'd reach for bronze, how did they manage to came last given Netherlands and China were out of the race.

More praise to Viktor Ahn, Tsoi is signing again.

So the US ends up at the top of the Medal Charts. I never thought we could make our way up there considering how disappointing our "golden" athletes were. Seriously, 4th for two people that were supposed to get Gold? C'mon!

I think Canada have two more golds in the bag with the hockey.

Around the Network

Complete domination in cross-country

Complete domination in cross-country

Double

When it comes to winter olympics, I am proud to be Norwegian. This olympic has also been very bad for us, so 25 medals so far is nothing short of amazing. Hoping for another gold this evening on the biathlon relay for men and on the mens 50km cross-country tomorrow! Go Norway!

NintendoPie said:
So the US ends up at the top of the Medal Charts. I never thought we could make our way up there considering how disappointing our "golden" athletes were. Seriously, 4th for two people that were supposed to get Gold? C'mon!

To rub more salt into your wounds, another Viktor, formerly Vic Wild, just has won his second gold on this Olympics. -2 gold from US team, +2 gold to Russia :P

//Hey, one more gold for Norway, they still got smth up their sleeve.