By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thinking of buying my first Castlevania game; so what d'yall recommend?

I'm just saying, the current vein of Castlevania games is not a derivative of Simon's Quest.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

I always thought they were all a derivative of Castlevania.

I understand that alot of people do not enjoy Simon's Quest, but give credit where it's due, as it was the very first RPG-esque Castlevania game.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Do you understand the word derivative? Consider Castlevania, the series, as a tree. Symphony of the Night is large branch on the tree. All of the similar games (Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, the Sorrows, and Portrait of Ruin) grow off of the Symphony of the night branch.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Ok.

;)

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Not that I don't agree with you that Simon's Quest was the first RPG, I was just trying to point out that all the recent 2d castlevanias are really just improvement on Symphony's formula

Around the Network

Geez, SotN 'complete' is going for over $50 on eBay, used and that's the Greatest Hits version. No chance of finding it new for under $50 anywhere is there even if it is GH version!?

"The next time someone tells you Compact Discs are the wave of the future, tell them the future doesn't belong to snails!" - Nintendo Power, April 1994

Just avoid Simons Quest.

Circle of the Moon, or Dawn of Sorrow awsome games

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Get Symphony of the Night. It's $10 on Xbox Live Arcade. A new copy is very expensive off of Ebay...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Castleavnia Dracula X Chronicles it has SotN to included ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!