By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega in take-over danger?!

Last I checked earlier today SEGA SAMMY HLDGS INC (SGAMY) 2.22 +0.14 (+6.73%) Volume 140,637

I can afford only several hundreds of shares lol let's all buy it up and change the company haha Edit: Just for fun NINTENDO LTD (NTDOY) 59.00 +1.00 (+1.72%) Volume 449,825 SONY CORP (SNE) 44.78 -0.10 (-0.22%) Volume 1,049,457 MICROSOFT CORP (MSFT) 28.42 -0.08 (-0.28%) Volume 68,166,064 Keep in mind the volume of the shares also. Microsoft has a much large volume than Nintendo or Sony. To take majority share you'd need 51% of the company so you'd need to buy up from the existing shares.

Around the Network

If Nintendo denies SEGA and SEGA doesn't want MS and Sony can't afford it(lol at that statement) that only leaves one option...... are you thinking what I'm thinking?

APPLE BUY THEM NOW!!!!

I personally think MS will benefit the most by getting Sega and they'll try the hardest. I'd love Nintendo to pick em up, but who knows, it might not happen.

Here's my thoughts. MS should make a bid to Sega. This would be a partnership takeover, where they're split down the middle 50/50. MS will provide funding and additional developers, while Sega still retains control of their IPs, but the content would primarily be 360 exclusive, with some Wii cash grabs. MS helps get Sega back into black, which is kind've ironic if you consider the Xbox's past, but regardless. :P After so many years of service primarily for the 360, Sega can be allowed to purchase themselves back from MS much like how Bungie did as well. This can help MS get some potential Japan penetration as well as some oldschool big titles that a lot of are familiar with growing up. It'll benefit both companies, and allow Sega to keep it's independence without compromising too much in the end.

Thoughts?

Here's what will probably happen, rumor will spread. Sega stock will go up a few points, then the offer(whoever if anybody) will be retracted and stock will drop back down and a new offer will be made. If Sega does get bought out chances are it will be either hostile(not Nintendos style my guess is Microsoft) by buying up all the shares or a new lower offer will be made after the stocks drop back down and then it'll go back and forth for a while in a cycle until finally it's sold off if at all.

Sega posted a loss when it has its major hit from Genesis time ( M&S at OG ) ...
Althought I didn't read SegaSammy last financial report I think that is Sammy part to blame for the loss.

For the question about eventual buyout I think that Sega(Sammy) is useless for Nintendo.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Lol at Sony buying Sega.

Why not , they could easily do it , just that Im not shure that Sega games are as powerfull to really be a must for any company ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Only good SEGA game is Sonic... and thats gone downhill over the years. The only way of making this purchase worth wild is if whoever buys it gets a hit Sonic game. Which would be hard to do considering previous games.

I say Sony should buy them. I have more faith in Isnomniac's ability to make a Sonic game than I do Nintendo's.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

hmmmm, virtua fighter, sega rally, shenmue could be great additions to the game portfolio.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Apple do it buy em, Now i say! Now!