By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why would anyone ever want another company to fail or go bankrupt?

d21lewis said:
I often wonder what goes on in the mind of a fanboy. I mean, if they see you having fun on a Wii U, do they think "Look at that asshole. He thinks he's having so much fun playing his Monster Hunter. He has no idea what fun is. I need to tell him how much fun he's not having. I hope Nintendo goes out of business and he DIES."

Makes no sense to me, really.

woah, I don't think I've ever met a fanboy who wants someone they don't like to die :O 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I often wonder what goes on in the mind of a fanboy. I mean, if they see you having fun on a Wii U, do they think "Look at that asshole. He thinks he's having so much fun playing his Monster Hunter. He has no idea what fun is. I need to tell him how much fun he's not having. I hope Nintendo goes out of business and he DIES."

Makes no sense to me, really.

I prefer sony systems,but I don't consider myself a fanboy. I like to game and enjoy multiple gaming systems. Hell,I plan on getting an xboxone down the line. that system has some great games I want to play. 

I can not imagine someone wanting a company to go bankrupt. Personally, I would like to see Sony, MS, Nin, Apple, Sammy, and the rest come to an agreement on a single console spec, Tape, CD, VHS, etc. Then every company makes their own unit and controllers, and all software is compatible.

The battle for hardware is not being fought by Sony, Ms, or Nin. That battle rages on between, IBM, Intel, AMD, Nvidia, and a few others. The only thing developers should be worried about is making games, and that is were the true competition lies.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

kowenicki said:
I only see people wanting MS or should I say M$ to go bust here, even then its very few people.

I don't see many, if any actually WANTING Ninty or Sony to go bust.

With regard to Ninty and Sony; the problem here is that people see factual reporting of bad financials as a wish for doom, when its simply reporting facts.

I think they see these factual reportings of bad financials as nothing more than the OP relishing in the bad state of these companies. Not as an actual "wish for doom".

And for the most part, they're right. It is made especially clear when most of the people reporting those news are more often than not from the competing "allegience". 

Because they are wrong, and they should play and own what I deem is best for them :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.