By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - What sports are you into?

Used to play soccer for like 4 years but I quit cause I had to focus on school.

Around the Network

Hockey for physical sports. StarCraft 2 for e-sports.

artur-fernand said:
Shinobi-san said:
artur-fernand said:

I don't play any sports 'cause I suck (bad) at them. But I really enjoy UFC and soccer. Yesterday, me and my friends went crazy at UFC 169, and today my team won, so yeah, good weekend for sports.
I can watch the occasional volleyball, basketball, tennis or rugby and enjoy them though, but it's kinda rare.

You were there o.O watching live?

Thats awesome!!! Were guys upset when Herb Deen stopped Faber vs. Barao?

HA, no, we weren't there. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion hahahaha.

I wasn't upset at all, and actually was surprised that Faber wanted to continued. Herb Dean waited a while and he had absolutely no reaction. Barão wasn't even hitting hard, it would be ridiculous if the fight continued.

You said went crazy "at UFC" not sure what else im suppose think :?

Barao was rocking Faber...but faber seemed fine to me. He gave the thumbs up and Barao like you said wasnt hitting hard. I got a bit upset though because Barao was looking at Herb to stop the fight...he shouldnt need to do that. He should just be concentrating on ending the fight. I think it would have been a really good fight had it continued...faber has a great heart and he looked up for the challenge. Doubt he would have won though.

Another thing you got to take into account is that Barao is one of the best in the world...guys are gonna get rocked by him they gonna be in bad spots. You need to give them a chance to come back...especially if they are clearly fine. Theres been waaay to many early stoppages this last year in the UFC.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Wow Hendo really nailed Bisping in that GIF o.O

After that fight Hendo said he knew Bisping was out but just gave him a extra hit because of all the shit Bisping was talking in the build up to the fight ^^

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

think-man said:
Shinobi-san said:
Really liking UFC at the moment. The sheer excitement of same fights is insane!

Enjoy watching cricket too, looking forward to the upcomming Australia vs. South Africa test series. Arguably the two best test nations at the moment.

And I like rugby as well...but mostly for Tri nations I doubt il be able to watch England play France in a 6 nations match up.

Didn't England just lose to France a few days ago?

Wasnt it a draw? But yeah i generally dont watch 6 nations rugby.

Edit: Ah you're from New Zealand... no wonder you like rugby

Around the Network

Soccer (the original football) - Formula 1 - Ski Jumping - Basketball - starting to like Baseball

Shinobi-san said:
artur-fernand said:
Shinobi-san said:
artur-fernand said:

I don't play any sports 'cause I suck (bad) at them. But I really enjoy UFC and soccer. Yesterday, me and my friends went crazy at UFC 169, and today my team won, so yeah, good weekend for sports.
I can watch the occasional volleyball, basketball, tennis or rugby and enjoy them though, but it's kinda rare.

HA, no, we weren't there. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion hahahaha.

I wasn't upset at all, and actually was surprised that Faber wanted to continued. Herb Dean waited a while and he had absolutely no reaction. Barão wasn't even hitting hard, it would be ridiculous if the fight continued.

Barao was rocking Faber...but faber seemed fine to me. He gave the thumbs up and Barao like you said wasnt hitting hard. I got a bit upset though because Barao was looking at Herb to stop the fight...he shouldnt need to do that. He should just be concentrating on ending the fight. I think it would have been a really good fight had it continued...faber has a great heart and he looked up for the challenge. Doubt he would have won though.

Another thing you got to take into account is that Barao is one of the best in the world...guys are gonna get rocked by him they gonna be in bad spots. You need to give them a chance to come back...especially if they are clearly fine. Theres been waaay to many early stoppages this last year in the UFC.

Oh... poor choice of words I guess. English is not my native language after all.

But you see, Faber had no reaction. He had the thumbs up (hilariously enough, the one holding Barão's leg, instead of the one on his head), but he didn't seem fine at all. Jesus, Barão was looking at the referee, wasn't hitting hard or paying attention at all, and yet there was Faber, with no reaction at all.

I play volleyball and it's the thing I love most in life. Even more than video games (but of course not more than friends and family). Nothing comes close to it in terms of enjoyment for me. Not even sex even when it's amazing.

Edit: As much as I like the sport, I never watch it on tv. I only attend vball games when friends are playing, but other than that, I never feel like I have enough time to follow it or support a team. It really feels like a waste of time to me. 

artur-fernand said:
Shinobi-san said:
artur-fernand said:
Shinobi-san said:
artur-fernand said:

Oh... poor choice of words I guess. English is not my native language after all.

But you see, Faber had no reaction. He had the thumbs up (hilariously enough, the one holding Barão's leg, instead of the one on his head), but he didn't seem fine at all. Jesus, Barão was looking at the referee, wasn't hitting hard or paying attention at all, and yet there was Faber, with no reaction at all.

I guess i look at it differently.

Barao had rocked Faber...with more than one shot before they went to the ground. But that was seconds ago...Faber was obviously still stunned, he did the only thing he could do at that moment...cover up and try and recover. During this time Barao wasnt really hitting him with any significant strikes...hes strikes was landing against fabers hands/arms. Thats the key point imo. Faber was on the defensive not sure what more he needed to do there...He wasnt knocked out and he wasnt taking shots. No reason to stop it. Just becaue hes hands is on hes head and hes in some sort of foetal position doesnt mean the fight must stop..otherwise so many fights would be stopped waaay to early. There needs to be some sort of consistancy here, because that fight gets stopped as a TKO...but how can it be a TKO if you not even taking clean shots

Australian Rules Football

Cricket

Hockey