By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Games Outselling Xbox One 3:1

PS4 Games Outselling Xbox One 3:1

Adam Barnes

But DayZ was the most talked about game over the New Year period.

Published on Jan 30, 2014

According to Rakuten's Play.com the New Year period was an easy battle in the long-running console war. Sony came out the victor with three times as many PS4 game sales as Xbox One games.

This figure came from Play.com's sales on videogames from 1 December 2013 to 17 January 2014.

The best selling game on both the PS4 and Xbox One was Call Of Duty: Ghosts, but interestingly FIFA 14 came in as the second best selling game on PS4 but wasn't in the top five best selling games on Xbox One.

In addition to game sales, Sony UK has revealed that the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 1.5 to 1. An insignificant lead, perhaps, but enough of an advantage to brag about, it seems.

The best selling games on Rakuten’s Play.com are:

1. Football Manager 2014 (PC Game)
  2. FIFA 14 (X360 Game)
  3. Call of Duty: Ghosts (X360 Game)
  4. The Last of Us (PS3 Game)
  5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3 Game)
  6. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360)
  7. Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360)
  8. Batman: Aarkham Origins (PS3)
  9. FIFA 14 (PS3)
  10. Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag (Xbox 360)

Additionally Play.com took a ganders at a selection of Twitter users - which, it claims, includes 50 games journalists, 50 Xbox users and 50 PlayStation users - and found that the most talked about game over the same period was DayZ.

Presumably games journalists had just got hold of a copy of DayZ Standalone or something.

Still, it's an interesting comment all the same - and suggests maybe PC gaming isn't quite as dead as the naysayers all claim.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2259414/ps4_games_outselling_xbox_one_31.html

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Congrats to Sony. I imagine that ratio is only going to increase, since the PS4 is now in stock online.

But I thought the XB1 had more games than PS4 and that made it the better purchase????????

Xen said:
But I thought the XB1 had more games than PS4 and that made it the better purchase????????

Yeah the PS4 doesn't have games.

Sony is really doing a good job with PS4. It really doesn't look like the same company that managed PS3 in 2007.

Around the Network

Titanfall vs Second Son that's when u will see a boost in both software and hardware sales on both consoles.Oh i forgot MSG V.

Do we have a Titanfall vs. Second Son thread yet?

its gonna increase a lot. Japan in Feb 22nd yo!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Sony seems to have learned from the PS3. I'm getting my PS4 mid-March. Right after my wedding. Looking forward to it. I'd have gotten it already but I've been playing Diablo III for months now.

Dat extra $100