By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox360 - Games with gold. Dead Island!!!!!

Tagged games:

Chris Hu said:
hollabackenny said:
Chris Hu said:
Last month first free game Sleeping Dogs was newer and better. Also what game is free at the end of the month.

Arcade title - Toy Soldiers: Cold War. 81 Meta score if that means anything to you. 

Thanks for the info never heard of it. 

Meant to add a link when I posted that. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtLYgugsAhA

Haven't played it myself. Looks like a cool concept for a third person shooter but nothing special.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
ganoncrotch said:
MoHasanie said:
ganoncrotch said:
MoHasanie said:
Hurr1cane said:
Why couldn't you dl sleeping dogs?

Because I bought my console from the UAE but I live in Canada, so when I asked Xbox Support what the problem was, they said the publisher didn't allow the game to be downloaded if the console's region didn't match your account's region. Its the first time I've gotten that error though, cause I regularly download games with gold. 

Square Enix are almost as bad at PR and how online services as Nintendo are at times. If you want to play Sleeping dogs tho? get an old copy of gta4 in gamestop for about 5-10euros, break the disk into pieces and only put in the parts of disk which involved going Bowling or eating icecream with Roman in the disk tray and when you go to play it replace your chair with some nails. Should be about the same experience.

Its that bad :0 . My expectations were already high after GTA V so I would've been very disappointed, 

Looking at metacritic they actually scored sleeping dogs at 80% I have no idea how anyone could rate that game anywhere near that sort of %... maybe if this was 2002 on the PS2 and sometime before GTA3 was ever shown to the media. The driving physics are criminally bad and the story is so hard to believe, you play a Cop going undercover in a whole group of crime syndicates non of whom ever seem to notice you spend half your days going to the police station and talking with the chief of police. The characters are all so cookie cutter it is like they had someone from the Villain diversity commision come in and demand they have 1 of each type of bad guy stereotype.

Seems all the gaming critics disagree with me completely and gave it an 80 but.... aye, Hated it.

Crackdown was a terrible game too with the worst story buy it has an 83 on metacritic and now its getting a sequel -_- I guess critics just aren't harsh with openworld  sandbox games. 

Crackdown 2 came out in July 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crackdown_2 tis a 70% on metacritic which isn't bad but still I'd rather see them have a handful of different mediocre IP's than just 2-3 AAA ones.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Xbl is awesome. They actually give us free games instead of renting them.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

superryo said:
is the game any good? is it a zombie game or more like a shooter?

It gets a bit repetitive but overall it's a decent game.  You have melee weapons and later on get guns.  It's worth the download on the 360.  If it was free for the PS+ though I'd disagree, because the framerate averages at or less than 20fps with a massive amount of screen tearing when there's any action going on.  360 it runs at 30fps with no screen tearing and very few frame drops.

kupomogli said:
superryo said:
is the game any good? is it a zombie game or more like a shooter?

It gets a bit repetitive but overall it's a decent game.  You have melee weapons and later on get guns.  It's worth the download on the 360.  If it was free for the PS+ though I'd disagree, because the framerate averages at or less than 20fps with a massive amount of screen tearing when there's any action going on.  360 it runs at 30fps with no screen tearing and very few frame drops.

even after a fast look at the game it does seem rather ambitious in places. Like I'm not sure if the devs bothered with optimizing it for anything and just hoped it would run okay.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive