By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone think having an Anime forum here would be a good idea?

No, this site is nerdy enough.
The last thing we need is a whole forum dedicated to anime lol.

Around the Network

God no.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

There are very few anime topics, and most of them are really generic in nature ("Can anyone recommend me some anime to watch?" etc). I don't think we have a problem.

No, it's bad enough that this site has threads about video games... but anime, that's too far

No, please no. This is a videogaming forum.

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

It would certainly make sense. Most of the anime forums I go on have videogames sub-forums.

I'll just quote this: 

ElRhodeo said:
God no.

Last thing we need is anime nerds registering en-masse. If you want an anime-dedicated forum, go post on Gaia Online or something.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

No, not going by sheer number of threads or general interest. By that rate, we'd also have to add a sports forum and a political forum, and by then this site would have digressed from its intended path and become another 13 on the dozen discussion site.

No, because it would make Anime into a Topic. Anime is in fact Off Topic for this site, therefore Off Topic is where it should reside. Also, no it is not "close enough" to video games; the fanbases may have significant crossover but the media themselves are quite different.

But it might be a good idea to put "ANIME:" in front of anime topics. That would make it easy to spot them and give you the kind of easy recognition you're probably looking for. Hey, the same unofficial rule might work well for "POLITICS:" and "SPORTS:"

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Absolutely not. Anime has very little presence here to suddenly get a forum.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"