By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

too All :

FFIX was released just before the PS2 launched so I believe all people where looking at the next-gen FFX that will be release soon.
FFIX design was a bit special and not attractive for all the occidentla kids (just look at Zidane !)

I wanted to try FFIX some years ago and u make me want to really try it again !
It seems to be a very good game that was not released at the good time :(

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
too All :

FFIX was released just before the PS2 launched so I believe all people where looking at the next-gen FFX that will be release soon.
FFIX design was a bit special and not attractive for all the occidentla kids (just look at Zidane !)

yea, they had to delay it due to a dragon quest game being released.  kinda sounds familiar.  dun dun duuun

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
libellule said:
too All :

yea, they had to delay it due to a dragon quest game being released. kinda sounds familiar. dun dun duuun

What?  FFIX came out nearly a year before DWVII, in North America anyway.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

i havent played any of them so i dont know

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

i kind of feel like an outcast; all the people saying 7 was their first JRGP, mine was either Final Fantasy 1 or Dragon Warrior 1, I can't remember. I've been playing RPG's since I could read

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

FFIX was the worst Final fantasy yet. You are smoking something

blaydcor said:

...and don't even speak to me about VIII.

Anyway, I've long held the opinion that FFIX is the best of the post-FF6 era of Final Fantasies. The characters, the soundtrack, its originality, actually having statistically distinct classes once again....I love the game to death. 

I just busted it out for the first time in a few years, and found that its still just as awesome as it was when I first played it (this really wasn't the case with 7 or 8 at all).

Does anybody else think that 9 is awesome? It seems like everybody is mindlessly devoted to singing Final Fantasy 7's praises, or even 8's, but I think 9 is easily better than both of them. 

Well I agree..

I agree so much with this thread! It's my fav PS1 FF, since it got back to the roots. The characters are so original and have so much personality... Remembering this game just makes me want to play it again! <3

I never played the PS1 FFs until recently and I was expecting so much of FF7 since it got so much praise it just left me with a big question mark. I couldn't finish FF8 since I absolutely hate the junctionning, weapon system and the draw. FF9 just was so much better than them, I really love it.