By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I miss FF IX. The last FF with a straight protagonist (can not say the same about the villain). FF IX was about content, not appeal and looks. Modern FFs characters are very cool but they all have one dimensional personalities.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

White knight story when will that game release o___o? (Naz mentioned its name).

FFIX is THE best FF on the Sony consoles. Such a good game. Fantastic music. Excellent game play. +10000000 for this thread. (by the way much better that FFVIII) FFIX > FFVII > FFVIII.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

konnichiwa said:
White knight story when will that game release o___o? (Naz mentioned its name).

Still TBA08 for Japan.  Sadly may not be till 09 for America.

I agree.
No one agreed with me. EVER!
I still think XI is the best Final Fantasy. EVER!
The characters were the best in my opinion.
They had a reason, they were so easy to love!
I honestly connected with the characters in XI as opposed to say, XII. :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

You must be on crack ,FFIX is the worst FF of all the FF released in the Sony consoles .

This must be the reasons some people like it .It seems like sony-haters and people that think the green sprite know as Kefka was transcendent as a villian just hates all the good FF in Sony consoles but somehow like FFIX wich was a throwback to the old FF of the Nes-Snes days ...

Anyway ,for me it goes as follows :

FFVII :the best without contemplations .Best story ,best scope ,and for the time it pushed the genre light years ahead what had been done before .Great combat system through materia ,tons of sidequests ,unlockable charachters ,charismatic charachters ,magnificent music etc

Final Fantasy X :The story is only second to FFVII and the gameplay is a bit linear but has lots and lots of depths and side quests .It has some of the best graphics of the series yet .As good as XII but still not full 3D .

Final Fantasy VIII :This must have probably the best combat system of all .The graphics were also a great push forward since FFVII graphics .Story was allright but nothing special .Very long .Great music .The charachters were also charismatic ,such as Squall ,Irvine ,Zell ,Rinoa etc .A let down was the final boss that wasnt charistmatic at all and unheard of for most of the game .Side quest were fewer than in other games but the very deep battle system and magic recruiting ,the very difficult to obtain Final weapons and the very long quest compensated for this .

Final Fantasy XII :Still playing this .The graphics are as good as FFX but this time real 3D .The story and charachters are quite believable ,the music is very good and the combat system although a big depart from other games has lots of depth and customization .Dont know if I would like them to go the same way for XIII tough .

Final Fantasy VI :This is a great game for the Snes ,it pushed the hardware quite hard .Graphics and music are very good for its time .The story is also good but not so great anyway .No main charachter for the good and the bad .Dialogues are too laconic and we are supposed to "get all " because lines as "......." and laconic sprites looking to the ground .The badass is a ridiculous green sprite named Kefka that laughs always like "HA HA HA HA " and enters or exits stage usually jumping .Cherished like no other by Nintendo fanboys who played it when they were little childs its way overrated but still a great game .Worse than Chrono Trigger ,though .

Final Fantasy IX :The graphics were at its peak for the PS1 ,but the design didnt let them shine as they could have .The slighty superdeformed and old school charachters didnt benefit the same as in FFVIII .The backdrops ,though ,were fantastic .The story was bland ,the main charachters were lingering between the comic and the ridiculous and well ,lets say the bad guy we didnt know if he was a girl or boy until he was dead .The side quests were numerous but uninteresting .The battle system based on the jobs was good ,each charchter was very different in battle ...I think it had a lot of depht but sadly the game wasnt hard or long enough to extract from you honing your battle skills too much and finally you didnt do it .The final boss must be the worst of all FF as it is some faceless being called the Dark Side or something like that that you havent heard about until five minutes before fighting him .The final of the game is rushed and overoptimistic and doesnt let you with even a feeling .Still its a good game ,technically very good ,quite long (albeit a lot less than other FF ) and has its good moments (the siege to the Alexandria castle for example ) .Still ,one of the worst on the Sony consoles .

Final Fantasy I-II :played them on the PS in the Anthology series .Decent stories but dated gameplay and graphics didnt let me enjoy them so much .I suppose they were something special in their time but looking at them from 2000 and worse from 2008 they are too dated to appreciate .Maybe I should take a go on the PSP now that they have been released in a rearranged version who knows .

Final Fantasy V:Played it on a Snes emulator on my Dreamcast .Didnt like it I didnt put time in it .I thought I would play later to get the good side of the game but finally never did .If it was so good I would have surely played it more but who knows seeing as I played again FFVI on the DC I dont think its due to it being a emulator and all ...it simply didnt grab me .

FFIII ,IV havent played them ever .

blaydcor said:

...and don't even speak to me about VIII.

Anyway, I've long held the opinion that FFIX is the best of the post-FF6 era of Final Fantasies. The characters, the soundtrack, its originality, actually having statistically distinct classes once again....I love the game to death.

I just busted it out for the first time in a few years, and found that its still just as awesome as it was when I first played it (this really wasn't the case with 7 or 8 at all).

Does anybody else think that 9 is awesome? It seems like everybody is mindlessly devoted to singing Final Fantasy 7's praises, or even 8's, but I think 9 is easily better than both of them.

Since I'm too lazy to read the entire thread, I'lljust reply to you. Yes I agree that FFIX>FFVII & FFVIII.

I'm not saying FFVII and FFVIII are bad game its just that FFIX is better, for the reasons blaydcor stated above.

Also, I would like to point out that FFIX does not reuse ememy character models, with the exception of the goblin and goblin mage, every ememy has a unique look.

Also, Vivi has to be the greatest black mage ever. 

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Diomedes1976 said:
You must be on crack ,FFIX is the worst FF of all the FF released in the Sony consoles .

This must be the reasons some people like it .It seems like sony-haters and people that think the green sprite know as Kefka was transcendent as a villian just hates all the good FF in Sony consoles but somehow like FFIX wich was a throwback to the old FF of the Nes-Snes days ...

FFVII :the best without contemplations .Best story....

I know am not the only one that stopped reading at that point. The only thing I like about FFVII is that it proved that a JRPG can sell in the west with good ad campaign. The game it self was one of the worst in the series. If it weren't for FFVIII, and FFX-2 it would be the worst.

Darc Requiem said:
Diomedes1976 said:

I know am not the only one that stopped reading at that point. The only thing I like about FFVII is that it proved that a JRPG can sell in the west with good ad campaign. The game it self was one of the worst in the series. If it weren't for FFVIII, and FFX-2 it would be the worst.

You see ,you have just validated what I was saying .Sony haters just hate the good FF in the PS1 and PS2 and cherish the only bad one because its a throwback to the old FF in the Nes-Snes .

So FFVII was one of the worst of the series uh ?Well everybody is allowed an opinion but its just that ,YOUR opinion .One year back there was a Famitsu study about wich were the greatest games ever and FFVII was there at the top ,and in the country were it sold the max .So I would say pretty much nobody agrees with you .Just some other sony haters nostalgic of the Nes-Snes FF .

Darc Requiem said:
Diomedes1976 said:

What about FF7 dirge of the Cerberus?

That was worse then FF7 proper too.  Granted it wasn't even a proper RPG... but if your counting X-2 i think it counts. Eh maybe not.  But yeah... saying 7 had the best story is kinda silly, but i've already had this arguement once this month so i'll leave it at that.