By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's your favorite videogame composer?

Of course its you soriku.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

So much awesome music from too many games.

Can't pick just one.

I am Error.

CRASH!!!

Edit: For now, I'll go with Yoko Shimomura

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Koji Kondo. Can you get any better?

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Soriku said:
It has to be your TOP one, so you can only choose one. You can also name which videogames they worked on.

---

Motoi Sakuraba hands down. He has worked on Tales of Symphonia, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Tales of the Abyss, Baten Kaitos, and will work on Tales of Vesperia among many games.

You've only played Baten Kaitos and ToS, and suddenly he's your favorite composer, right

on topic: nobuo uematsu for sure 

I'll go with the cliche'd answer.......Nobuo Uematsu would probably be my fave. I'm really glad he worked on smash bros recently, that opening theme is cool...

if not a close #2 would be whomever is responsible for the phoenix wright music.

Around the Network

Jeremy Solue would have to be my current favourite. List of works on wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Soule

composer? umm I dunno.

Developer would be a tie between Polyphony and Insomniac. But composer...maybe Beethoven.

spdk1 said:
I'll go with the cliche'd answer.......Nobuo Uematsu would probably be my fave. I'm really glad he worked on smash bros recently, that opening theme is cool...

if not a close #2 would be whomever is responsible for the phoenix wright music.
the music for phoenix wright was amazing

I don't know of a lot of composers names, but I do enjoy the music in many games (SoTC for example).

However, because I know his name, I nominate Harry Gregson Williams as one of my top video game music people.

Music in Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and 4 as well as Call of Duty 4. Not to mention music for movies as well (such as Kingdom of Heaven).

The Folks @Hal Lab. (don't know the name)

thinks what games....

super smash 64
Super Smash Melee
and soon to be Super Smash Bros. Brawl