By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anybody know the wiis max polygon performance?

Every website I go to there are limited specs on the wii. I'm trying to compare it to the original xbox and want to know its max polygon performance but I can't find it anywhere. I found the xbox 360s and ps3s but I can't find the wiis. It would really help if anybody knows. Thank you.

Around the Network

Its fun to compare though. LOL Well there still hope that people who made a teardown on the wii know.

Yeah, polygon count never mattered in the first place. Things like that are usually brought on by video game makers, its essentially jargon to make people thing something is powerful, when really it doesnt mean shit, as there so much more that makes a system.

thats a lame excuse IMO

Specs are usually nonsense; RE4 had far beyond the GC's maximum polygon count, for example

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

@prlatino I know but it is still part of the system even if its not a significant part. Somebody said in another thread that the xbox original was more powerful than the wii. I just wanted the info so i could add that to my reasons why it isn't.

The Gamecube was able to produce 12 to 15 Million polygons in game with full texturing and lighting effects; the Wii has some (unknown) hardware enhancements over the Gamecube but, being that the Gamecube was pusing the limits of what SD resolutions can display in terms of polygon output per frame, it is unlikely that Nintendo spent much attention to improving polygon performance.

In other words, the Wii can probably achieve 18 to 22.5 Million polygons per second which equates to the improvement due to the clockspeed increase.

@ happysquirell What did the xbox original produce. It says something like 115 on specs I found. Here this is it Max Polygon Performance 125 M/sec.

___O_o______ said:
thats a lame excuse IMO

a HELL of a lame excuse for sure. Yes, Nintendo believe it doesn't matter, YES, Nintendo is winning, and Yes, it never truly mattered, but refuse to disclose it because they don't think it matters?

The same thing is with Nintendo's recycling/environmental policy. It got 0 because they felt there's no need to state that in their website. I suppose that The time when enviormental policy alone made an important difference is over too,

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
sc94597 said:
@ happysquirell What did the xbox original produce. It says something like 115 on specs I found. Here this is it Max Polygon Performance 125 M/sec.

In terms of real world polygon performance the Gamecube and XBox were very similar, most of the differences between the systems were in how they handled texturing and lighting.