By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Blu-Ray Fan Thread

Let's not forget that Blu-Ray lanched after HD-DVD, so it had less time to mature as a format. Sure it needs tons of more features, but with the extra storage, it WILL get those features.

What I'm looking forward the most is to be able to watch a movie from completely different camera angles. Most movies are shot through multiply angles, I'm waiting for that.

Also, I hate having 4-6 disc per tv series, 3-4 episodes per disc is unacceptable, I hope I can just get all the main episodes in 1 blu-ray disc, and extra features on another.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

kingofwale said:
Let's not forget that Blu-Ray lanched after HD-DVD, so it had less time to mature as a format. Sure it needs tons of more features, but with the extra storage, it WILL get those features.

These features weren't that impressive on HD-DVD. I guess I didn't make that clear. More still has to be done, so that we get a lot more exclusive content, not just slightly more.

What I'm looking forward the most is to be able to watch a movie from completely different camera angles. Most movies are shot through multiply angles, I'm waiting for that.

Although that would mean more video data. And I don't mean just a seperate code like PiP. It would take a hell of a lot more frames. Even blu-ray couldn't fit that, unless the whole film was run at 480p. That and all the video from the cameras needs to be saved. It is an interesting possibility, though.

Also, I hate having 4-6 disc per tv series, 3-4 episodes per disc is unacceptable, I hope I can just get all the main episodes in 1 blu-ray disc, and extra features on another.

In case you forgot, the capacity in blu-ray is not to get more content on. It's to fit the content in HD. Anything that won't run in HD will likely be on regular DVD for quite a while. Any series filmed in HD would take up the full disc space, and still need multiple discs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@ Lord of the knight:

I'm honored you used my quote as a signiature! you can have my autograph too if you like!

OT: I'm a Blu Ray fan but my collection is weak right now. I have the 3 pirates of the caribbean movies that I got for christmas and thats it. Right now $30 is way too much for a movie unless its something amazing.

LordTheNightKnight said:
insomniac17 said:
The only reason that I don't watch blu ray movies is because I don't have an HDTV. Other than that, the future is blu!

Oh, god. That phrase is so annoying. I'm not one for marketing slogans, especially one that sound arrogant.

Remember "Size Does Matter" for Godzilla (In Name Only)? I didn't want to see the movie just for that phrase alone. Independence Day's "The Day We Fight Back" at least told us what the film was about.

My apologies, sire, for using that accursed phrase. Please, spare my life, and let me make ammends!

EDIT: lol, sorry just teasing. seriously, I didn't know that phrase annoyed you, I'll try and stop using it. 

Prices for movies have to go down .Here in Europe one movie is 30 euros (some 45 dollars ) while the DVD new movies are at 18 euros (27 dollars ) or 21 euros (32 dollars ) for Special Editions .

Right now I only have two BR movies .

I love the quality of image of BR ,but wont be buying lots of movies until they are about 20 euros .

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
@ Lord of the knight:

I'm honored you used my quote as a signiature! you can have my autograph too if you like!

OT: I'm a Blu Ray fan but my collection is weak right now. I have the 3 pirates of the caribbean movies that I got for christmas and thats it. Right now $30 is way too much for a movie unless its something amazing.

Honor denied.

@Diomedes1976, that too. If the BDA choses not to drop the MSRP, I will lose faith in them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I guess this means you finally accept that HD-DVD is dead. I mean why else make a new Blu-ray thread. The last one stipulated that it will continue until HD-DVD is dead. Now since you decided time for a new thread i guess you saw the light and stopped denying the obvious.

Auron said:
I guess this means you finally accept that HD-DVD is dead. I mean why else make a new Blu-ray thread. The last one stipulated that it will continue until HD-DVD is dead. Now since you decided time for a new thread i guess you saw the light and stopped denying the obvious.

What do you mean "finally"? Death hasn't even been pronounced.

I started this thread to talk about blu-ray like an actual disucssion, not as an excuse for fanboyism, which is what you seem to be doing. 

And I would say it's working. Aside from that excuse to gloat, this thread has mostly civil discussion. Even blu-ray detractors are being civil about it here.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Auron said:

What do you mean "finally"? Death hasn't even been pronounced.

I started this thread to talk about blu-ray like an actual disucssion, not as an excuse for fanboyism, which is what you seem to be doing.

Well this is a public forum, i do not need to be a fanboy to know that HD-DVD is done for.  If you don't want people to disagree with you and only want people to agree with you i suggest talking to a mirror, cause unless you have multiple personalities, the person looking back at you will always say what you say.