By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Which monitor did you end up with? poll: max resolution,90% plays full hd or higher

Whats your max possible resolution?

HD+ 1600x900 33 10.68%

UXGA 1600x1200 4 1.29%

FULL HD 1920x1080 203 65.70%

WUXGA 1920x1200 23 7.44%

WQHD 2560x1440 33 10.68%

WQXGA 2560x1600 6 1.94%

QSXGA 2560x2048 5 1.62%

Total:307

Some of you may remember my thread about 4k display tvs. In the end I decided on waiting.
I semi failed, knowing that the WK in brazil won't be available in anything higher then HD I upgraded my pc monitor since it was also overdue, had the previous one for to long now LOL.

I ended up getting a beauty from the dell ultrasharp! It should last me quite a while again, it's max display setting is 2560 x 1600.

Am afraid tho this will also make me upgrade the rest, to fully experience it

So what are you guys letting you display your pc games?

am i a noob and should i just get 3 monitors?

EDIT: IF YOU DISPLAY RESOLUTION ISN"T AVAILABLE PICK THE CLOSEST QUALITY

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I'm the real noob at PC gaming, I use a laptop..........

NobleTeam360 said:
I'm the real noob at PC gaming, I use a laptop..........

there are some mighty fine laptops these days, back in 2000 oh man those things were crap, battery span of like 20 minutes

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm stuck with a 40" FHD Samsung TV because apparently 30" is the biggest monitor manufacturers can handle -.-
I'm not that bitter about it though. 1080p is the most current high end graphics cards can handle at an acceptable frame rate for current games.

Before people complain "But with my System I can easily handle 60FPS at 1080p at X game", yes it depends on the game and the person's standards.
Here's an example to illustrate my point: the GTX780Ti aka the strongest single GPU card on the market right now barely handles Crysis 3 aka the most demanding game on the market at 60FPS and still has frame drops below that.

So until current high end cards can handle every current game at 60FPS minimum on ultra and 1080p I'm fine with that resolution.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kirby007 said:

I ended up getting a beauty from the dell ultrasharp! It should last me quite a while again, it's max display setting is 2560 x 1600.

With that resolution and being from Dell, it must be one of the 30" monitors.

I have a 23" 1080p IPS monitor, also from Dell, the U2311H (I think, not sure about that "H") and I'm very happy with it.

Also, permalite has 3 monitor with 2560x1440 and he needs 4 GPUs to be able to run the games with everything maxed, so if you end up getting another 2 monitors, start saving for those extra cards. (3 x 2560x1600 monitors have more pixels than a 4K one)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
kirby007 said:

With that resolution and being from Dell, it must be one of the 30" monitors.

I have a 23" 1080p IPS monitor, also from Dell, the U2311H (I think, not sure about that "H") and I'm very happy with it.

Also, permalite has 3 monitor with 2560x1440 and he needs 4 GPUs to be able to run the games with everything maxed, so if you end up getting another 2 monitors, start saving for those extra cards. (3 x 2560x1600 monitors have more pixels than a 4K one)

@bolded ye thats what i feared, I'll let that wait for now

I like to use a projector for gaming, and they're stuck at 1080p. Waiting for an affordable 4K projector.

SvennoJ said:
I like to use a projector for gaming, and they're stuck at 1080p. Waiting for an affordable 4K projector.

really? you taught me some interesting thing last time and then you mention this!?

kirby007 said:
SvennoJ said:

really? you taught me some interesting thing last time and then you mention this!?

And what was that?

SvennoJ said:
kirby007 said:
SvennoJ said:

And what was that?

Maybe i'm overreacting but you had all the tech info, and teached me that 4p=/=4k