By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - ROYAL RUMBLE TONIGHT.....Anyone else watching?

Who is winning the Rumble?

Batista 32 51.61%

Daniel Bryan 8 12.90%

CM Punk 13 20.97%

The Field (anyone else) 8 12.90%

Total:61

Dream Final Rumble:

Alberto Del Rio
Batista
All 3 members of the Shield
Luke HArper and Eric Rowan
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Kane

Batista and Del Rio fight, With Batista eventually getting the better of Del Rio. Taunting him as The Sheild overpower the Wyatts, only to have Reigns toss the other two members out. Kane, punk, and Bryan do a triple fight until Kane is overthrown by Punk.

This leaves Punk, Bryan, Batista, and Reigns.

They all gang up on Batista, eventually getting him over the top rope. Immediately after, Kane returns to the ring having not left, to take Punk out of it, leaving Bryan and Reigns - the two most popular - in the ring. After a lengthy fight, Bryan sends Reigns over the top.

Punk looks strong because he was taken out by Kane.

Batista looks strong because the other three ganged up on him.

Reigns looks strong because 12 eliminations and final 2

Bryan wins as the rightful heir to the hearts of the masses and goes on to have a match at Wrestlemania with Punk and ORton, or Punk and Cena, or all four, or something.

A bit 'wishy' and predictable, but would you not KILL To have that match? fatal four way with Cena, Orton, Punk, and Bryan. 4 great workers with different levels of skills and styles, the last generation and this generation of top tier talent.

Brock and Batista go at it as beast vs animal.

Taker and Sting go for it with Taker winning.

Big E Langston vs Ryback for the Intercontinental Title

New Age Outlaws vs The Usos for the tag titles

Cody Rhodes vs Gold Dust Grudge MAtch

AJ Lee vs some random woman for the Diva's title

The Shield triple Threat MAtch

the Wyatts vs...I dunno, someone. They have something special, I just don't know what.

And all the blokes like Cesaro, Kingston, Christian, Fandago, etc in an 8 man Money in the Bank LAdder match because now we have only one title, therefore not enough to make it worth having a PPV dedicated to it.

Who's the US champion? is it Ambrose still? Make the Shield Triple Threeat match for that title.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

So, here go my impressions:

- Rhodes vs. Outlaws: couldn't see it, that's unfortunate. Rematch at WM? I think so.

- Bryan vs. Wyatt: great match and now the Wyatts will feud with Cena. Bryan will probably get Sheamus at WM.

- Lesnar vs. Show: weak match, short and uninspiring. But they tried to make Lesnar looks strong and I don't know who is next for him. He wants the title, but he can't fight for it before WM. I'm starting to think he will fight Undertaker at WM, if Taker is in condition (they don't have anyone else, but they could of course bring back Y2J for that). If not, I see a triple threath: Batista vs. Orton vs. Lesnar.

- Rumble: EL Torito? Man, that was weird... Nice spots from Kofi as usual. Punk stayed all the night and now will fight H at WM for sure. When Bryan did not show, it was clear that Batista would get. The surprises were Shield. Well, the stable is now over and I think we will see them fighting at WM (triple threat?). Reigns got a big, big push. 12 eliminations? Breaking Kane's record? That's the begining of his rise. 

All 3 Shield guys can be main eventers. Rollins has to work harder to gain individual fame, prove that he works out of Shield's shadow. Ambrose has great mic skills and is entertaining, this guy can make amazing promos and that is his ticket to main event. Now, Reigns is impressive. He got decent mic skills and an imposing ring presence. This guy will fly to main event faster than anything.

bugrimmar said:
You guys don't get it.

The fact that everyone's mad right now is great for the WWE. They realize that they have a Rock-type atmosphere with Daniel Bryan, and they don't want him to fizzle out prematurely. That's why he's with the Wyatts right now. They're making him like this underdog that everyone wants to win but just can't get out of that shadow.

Remember how The Rock became as big as he was in the 90s? He was the company's top draw for so long even without the title, and he gained it after so many various insignificant feuds. I think WWE is doing the right thing with Bryan. They see the potential. If they try to make him like super-Cena right now, people will end up not caring about him after a short span of time.

Bryan is only starting. It's only been a short time since he went solo and the "yes" phenomenon went out. He still needs buildup and there are many years left in the tank. It's still Cena's WWE right now. They can't replace the guy yet until he completely turns heel. I think that's the big deal here.

You heard me. That's the biggest possible draw you can get. Cena turns heel on Bryan, essentially passing the torch. You gotta remember, the majority of the fanbase of WWE right now is kids. Kids love the hell out of Cena. When Cena turns heel on Bryan, all the kids will have their loyalties transferred. Right now, it's still too dangerous to do it because Bryan still isn't big enough with the young crowd yet.

But look at what's happening: Wyatts just beat the hell out of Cena. It looks like Cena and Bryan will team against the Wyatts.. and hopefully, this is the time when Cena will turn heel on Bryan while they're teaming.

I love the direction it's going. I don't want Bryan to be rushed.

Exactly that. Bryan is in a big push since Team Hell No. And since he entered WWE, they always liked to book him like the underdog (losing streak at NXT, losing to Sheamus in WM that quick), because it draws money. People will pay to see if now he will succeed. They aren't deaf, they hear the croud reacting. And the bigger crowds of the night were for Bryan and Reigns. But I don't think we will see a heel turn from Cena. Maybe they try a face vs. face match like Hogan vs. Warrior and that could be awesome.

torok said:
bugrimmar said:
You guys don't get it.

The fact that everyone's mad right now is great for the WWE. They realize that they have a Rock-type atmosphere with Daniel Bryan, and they don't want him to fizzle out prematurely. That's why he's with the Wyatts right now. They're making him like this underdog that everyone wants to win but just can't get out of that shadow.

Remember how The Rock became as big as he was in the 90s? He was the company's top draw for so long even without the title, and he gained it after so many various insignificant feuds. I think WWE is doing the right thing with Bryan. They see the potential. If they try to make him like super-Cena right now, people will end up not caring about him after a short span of time.

Bryan is only starting. It's only been a short time since he went solo and the "yes" phenomenon went out. He still needs buildup and there are many years left in the tank. It's still Cena's WWE right now. They can't replace the guy yet until he completely turns heel. I think that's the big deal here.

You heard me. That's the biggest possible draw you can get. Cena turns heel on Bryan, essentially passing the torch. You gotta remember, the majority of the fanbase of WWE right now is kids. Kids love the hell out of Cena. When Cena turns heel on Bryan, all the kids will have their loyalties transferred. Right now, it's still too dangerous to do it because Bryan still isn't big enough with the young crowd yet.

But look at what's happening: Wyatts just beat the hell out of Cena. It looks like Cena and Bryan will team against the Wyatts.. and hopefully, this is the time when Cena will turn heel on Bryan while they're teaming.

I love the direction it's going. I don't want Bryan to be rushed.

Exactly that. Bryan is in a big push since Team Hell No. And since he entered WWE, they always liked to book him like the underdog (losing streak at NXT, losing to Sheamus in WM that quick), because it draws money. People will pay to see if now he will succeed. They aren't deaf, they hear the croud reacting. And the bigger crowds of the night were for Bryan and Reigns. But I don't think we will see a heel turn from Cena. Maybe they try a face vs. face match like Hogan vs. Warrior and that could be awesome.

not sustainable. hogan and warrior ended up being a tag team later on. a company can only have two big time faces on top for only a few months before they have to kick down or force a heel turn on one of them. same thing happened with stone cold and the rock. as bryan progresses, he will eventually come face to face with cena, and cena will either have to make a heel turn or get kicked down. i don't see him getting kicked down, not with his popularity with the kids, so it has to be a heel turn.

bugrimmar said:

not sustainable. hogan and warrior ended up being a tag team later on. a company can only have two big time faces on top for only a few months before they have to kick down or force a heel turn on one of them. same thing happened with stone cold and the rock. as bryan progresses, he will eventually come face to face with cena, and cena will either have to make a heel turn or get kicked down. i don't see him getting kicked down, not with his popularity with the kids, so it has to be a heel turn.

Yes, agree with that. After Hogan vs. Warrior, even with the title, Warrior could not sustain popularity. He continued being overshadowed by Hogan. I would love to see a heel turn from Cena, it could be like Hollywood Hogan if done right, but I believe WWE don't have the balls to do it and will just fear losing money in marketing/merchandising with kids. It would be more safe to turn Bryan heel. Well, one thing is sure, Cena's face personality changed a bit in these last few years. He isn't as moralist as before, started beating oponents after match for vengeance and so on. Still face, but more credible.

Bryan is doing great, but he isn't ready to be a top babyface yet (of course, they could start working on it). He got some points last night, Shawn Michaels praised him in a promo, the crown asked for him when Cena got beat down (if they want to team them against the Wyatts, that was a confirmation) and the reaction to his fight with Wyatt (that is another one that is doing a fantastic job right now).

Runa216 said:

It's time to put over new stars like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and yes, even Dolph Ziggler. With The WWE's retarded booking and writing as of late, I wouldn't be surprised if genuinely great top-tier talent like Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro never make it to the top despite having the look, physique, and charisma needed for a champion. Seriously, ANYONE from that top 10 entries could be one of the megastars of tomorrow, and it'd be typical for WWE to fuck it up.

Sometimes I hate enjoying this 'sport'. Shit like this makes it SO easy to get worked up over bad booking and terrible writing.

Agree with all, but I fear Ziggler is done. He just trash talked Orton and posted a lot of controversial stuff in social medias. They guy was getting a push, but he just got a fight with the wrong guy (let's remember how Orton fired Kennedy/Anderson). He is lucky to still have his job and will, at least, remain in midcard for a time. If he gets over it and returns to main event, he will stay there forever for sure.

WWE now is relying on guys that just want quick money and some free marketing (Rock, Lesnar, Batista), but they will lear their lesson when one of these just leaves out of nowhere and destroyes some year old storyline. Honestly, it would be awesome if any of them wins the world title close to the end of contract and just leaves without explanation still as champion and makes WWE title looks like nothing. That would be a lesson that could change things for them.

Around the Network

The thing is, WWE tested the waters with Bryan. They had him beat Cena at Summerslam and main event a few PPV's. The problem was that (according to an article I read--I can probably find a link) ratings went down. As soon as Cena returned, ratings came back up.

We love Bryan and he's a great talent but the kids, the moms, the casual fan don't feel the same. They like "5 moves of doom" guys like Hogan, Warrior, Rock, Orton, Batista, and Cena. They don't attend events but they tune in. Hell, my mom used to tune in for The Rock.

d21lewis said:
The thing is, WWE tested the waters with Bryan. They had him beat Cena at Summerslam and main event a few PPV's. The problem was that (according to an article I read--I can probably find a link) ratings went down. As soon as Cena returned, ratings came back up.

We love Bryan and he's a great talent but the kids, the moms, the casual fan don't feel the same. They like "5 moves of doom" guys like Hogan, Warrior, Rock, Orton, Batista, and Cena. They don't attend events but they tune in. Hell, my mom used to tune in for The Rock.

wrestling inside i think had the scoop on lower ratings

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

torok said:
Runa216 said:

It's time to put over new stars like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and yes, even Dolph Ziggler. With The WWE's retarded booking and writing as of late, I wouldn't be surprised if genuinely great top-tier talent like Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro never make it to the top despite having the look, physique, and charisma needed for a champion. Seriously, ANYONE from that top 10 entries could be one of the megastars of tomorrow, and it'd be typical for WWE to fuck it up.

Sometimes I hate enjoying this 'sport'. Shit like this makes it SO easy to get worked up over bad booking and terrible writing.

Agree with all, but I fear Ziggler is done. He just trash talked Orton and posted a lot of controversial stuff in social medias. They guy was getting a push, but he just got a fight with the wrong guy (let's remember how Orton fired Kennedy/Anderson). He is lucky to still have his job and will, at least, remain in midcard for a time. If he gets over it and returns to main event, he will stay there forever for sure.

WWE now is relying on guys that just want quick money and some free marketing (Rock, Lesnar, Batista), but they will lear their lesson when one of these just leaves out of nowhere and destroyes some year old storyline. Honestly, it would be awesome if any of them wins the world title close to the end of contract and just leaves without explanation still as champion and makes WWE title looks like nothing. That would be a lesson that could change things for them.

I would be okay with Ziggler in the midcard...as long as he was doing well there. he doesn't NEED to be main event, but he needs to be respected and admired. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

d21lewis said:

My mother STILL goes gaga every time the Rock puts out a movie.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
d21lewis said:

My mother STILL goes gaga every time the Rock puts out a movie.  

You know whats disturbing when your family comes to visit and your aunt says damn that HHH still got it ... nightmare material

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.