By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) Thread- New footage from Nintendo Direct, Western Release Confirmed Early 2015

Tagged games:

MH is the japanese COD

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
kirby007 said:
i doubt the hardware impact will be big

Seeing as we have already had 3G and 4 the only real boost will be Limited Edition consoles, maybe a few newcombers and thats really it

those bundles are the real deals on those launches

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

orniletter said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Capcom has officially earned the title of most stupid & dirty company in gaming history. There was a clear market for this on Vita, PS3 or PS4 for that, but those idiots thought it would be smart to sell it only to people who already have it. I hope future PS4 owners will not invest even 1 yen in Deep Down and will let it rot in the PSN to show Capcom how freakin' filthy thy are.

Case closed. Capcom made the right decision.

So you're saying 3 MH , one of the biggest seller in Japan, sold more than a lot of niche games ? So surprising !

Capcom is indeed stupid, they could have earn much more money expanding Vita fanbase, and it's obvious MH would sell as well on Vita than on 3DS

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

orniletter said:

It is straight fan-ism .

I have seen the thread on Neogaf that got him perma-banned there.

Oh boy, that wasn´t pretty.

This really has nothing to do with this thread.  Ryuzaki doesn't need me to fight his battles but his post was on-topic, albeit filled with a controversial opinion and rife with his usual angry point of view towards Nintendo.

This post isn't.  It's similar to when Kowenicki got lynched in a thread last week for posting something Sony fans were unhappy about.  It's un-necessary, and stop it.  Take it to walls or PM's if you need to.

And to make my post OT: This is much sooner than I expected.  MH4 is having legs in Japan; I didn't expect them to be so keen to cut into them.  Though I guess the whole save transfer thing is supposed to be a way around that, but still.

And it's obvious there's more money for Capcom to make by selling this title on 3DS, rather than PS3/4/V.  At this point, that's all Capcom cares about.

orniletter said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Capcom has officially earned the title of most stupid & dirty company in gaming history. There was a clear market for this on Vita, PS3 or PS4 for that, but those idiots thought it would be smart to sell it only to people who already have it. I hope future PS4 owners will not invest even 1 yen in Deep Down and will let it rot in the PSN to show Capcom how freakin' filthy thy are.

Case closed. Capcom made the right decision.

If thats true then every developer not making games for the wii U are also making the right decision.

And dont forget, the 2 highest selling MH games are on the PSP, the reason why MH got to where it is today.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

And to make my post OT: This is much sooner than I expected.  MH4 is having legs in Japan; I didn't expect them to be so keen to cut into them.  Though I guess the whole save transfer thing is supposed to be a way around that, but still.

And it's obvious there's more money for Capcom to make by selling this title on 3DS, rather than PS3/4/V.  At this point, that's all Capcom cares about.

The save transfer is definitely a nice addition. 3 Ultimate was my first MonHun, but several of my friends played Tri, and they weren't very enthusiastic about having to replay the first 2/3s of the game again to get to the meat of the new content.

It means nothing for us in the West if we skip straight to 4G, of course. But that would be preferable at this point.

Kresnik said:
orniletter said:

It is straight fan-ism .

I have seen the thread on Neogaf that got him perma-banned there.

Oh boy, that wasn´t pretty.

This really has nothing to do with this thread.  Ryuzaki doesn't need me to fight his battles but his post was on-topic, albeit filled with a controversial opinion and rife with his usual angry point of view towards Nintendo.

This post isn't.  It's similar to when Kowenicki got lynched in a thread last week for posting something Sony fans were unhappy about.  It's un-necessary, and stop it.  Take it to walls or PM's if you need to.

You are right, I´ll stop now.

Let´s hope Capcom is funneling more of the inevitable money into console or handheld titles (for all parties)...and not just more iOS studios... <.<

the_dengle said:

It means nothing for us in the West if we skip straight to 4G, of course. But that would be preferable at this point.

Yup.  I was just meaning for Japan, save transfer will mean (like with your friends) that anyone who buys the game now won't have to play through the first 2/3rds of the game again, so might be more inclined to pick up a copy of 4 between now and fall, instead of simply holding off for 4G.

But this does still seem like an oddly early announcement, idk.

orniletter said:

Let´s hope Capcom is funneling more of the inevitable money into console or handheld titles (for all parties)...and not just more iOS studios... <.<

Credit to someone on NeoGAF, but don't be silly.

Monster Hunter 4G will be used to fund 4G Monster Hunter.

Kresnik said:
orniletter said:

Credit to someone on NeoGAF, but don't be silly.

Monster Hunter 4G will be used to fund 4G Monster Hunter.

Thats a good one ! (online only, streaming MH with latency out the ass and hard resets whenever you loose your connection sounds like something right up Capcom´s alley)