By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alone in the Dark Tech Demo

Not as good as the first one imo...partly because I noticed it in the beginning of the first one =P

But still very cool!

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
libellule said:

""
Alone in the Dark has always been a mediocre game at best, Atari = not good.
""

==> Ari_Gold,

The first AitD was released on PC longtime ago, was a big success and can be considered as the first survival horror game ...

About the tech demo,

As Sqrl stated, it is far from being realistic. Mac Gyver is in the place !

damn right I was suprised nobody reacted to that blasphemic comment....

without saying that it wasn't atari back then but infograme.... and the first game to itroduce 3D characters... I had chills at every corner of the house.... that was a briliant game back then 

This is impressive stuff. I likes.

I don't even know what to say right now. The UK Official Nintendo magazine has a small preview of the Wii version online. It sounds cool at first as it seems to keep the same gameplay elements of the 360 version.

Then you see the screens.

These graphics would look bad years ago on the PS2. Obviously this is quite early and there is still a lot of room for improvement but Hydravision better try to get it looking better than RE4 at least.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=3086

The second one looks pretty good aswell, but the wii images look like shit, i hope that version looks alot better by the time it ships.

Around the Network

Wauw,nice graphics,even more if we compare with the Silent Hill 5 graphics,I dunno but,perhaps Alone in the Dark can be a better game than Silent Hill 5?