By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Really Spectacular Things Coming To PS4 At E3 2014, Event Is Going To Be Fun This Year" Says Sony

"Really Spectacular Things Coming To PS4 At E3 2014, Event Is Going To Be Fun This Year" Says Sony

2014 has just begun, both Microsoft and Sony are preparing themselves for Round 2 in the next-gen console battle, and its going to take place at E3 2014. Phil Spencer has already stated that Microsoft is preparing its ground to have a great E3 2014 (read the tweet from Phil Spencer far BELOW). Now we hear it from John Koller, Head of Hardware Marketing at Sony PlayStation, what they in store for Playstation 4 owners at E3 2014.

John Koller has officially confirmed that, things that will be showcased at Sony booth at E3 2014 for Playstation 4 will be "Spectacular".

In a recent interview to GotGame, Koller was asked to give a hint at what all things Sony will showcased at E3 2014?. To this Koller replied (especially mentioning PS4): "It’s going to be a massive content year. We’ve talked publically that there’s a huge and significant amount of games coming this year to the PlayStation 4. We’ll be showing a lot of those and it is going to be an exciting moment for many people. I can officially confirm that what is coming next is really spectacular."

He also added: "The types of games that are coming are absolutely fantastic. We’ve already talked about some of these already, but games like Destiny, which is the game from Bungie that is really going to be a show piece as to what makes the PlayStation 4 so special. There’s a lot of innovation. That’s something that we really want to push. The PlayStation 4 is really the strong innovation engine for this category and this industry. There’s certainly a lot to talk about there. So E3 is going to be fun this year. This is going to be one of those, you know, years where we’re going to have a fun time showing new games to the world."

Bungie's Destiny was one example Koller gave, what other things you expect to see at Sony booth at E3 2014 that will blow you away?, i am placing my money on Uncharted For Playstation 4, what's yours?, let us know in the comment section below.

Later on in the interview, Koller was asked to comment on new Uncharted game for Playstation 4 that was announced in December 2013 with a Teaser Trailer. He said: "Well we did announce that a new Uncharted game is coming. We announced that on launch night actually. It’s Uncharted for PS4, but we haven’t announced many details, so that may be an interesting thing to tune in for at E3."

Koller ended the interview with this QUOTE: "I’ll say that to anybody in line or thinking about getting a PlayStation 4 or owns one now, the promise of what’s to come, which is what we always care about the most, the game quality and the game development that’s in line is really, really great, and we’ll have a lot more announcements in the upcoming months."

Source: http://www.gamepur.com/news/13449-whats-coming-next-ps4-really-spectacular-showcase-e3-2014-says-john-koller.html

Around the Network

So... does that mean that they are not gonna announce anything new till e3?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yup. Thats a given for sony and microsoft. They want to make this E3 awesome.

Finally wonderbook 2

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Given SONY's track record, I expect something like 6 games announced before E3, then 2 announced at the show with more info on their earlier 6.

In any case, COMMENCE THE HYPE!!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

For me this coming E3 is the biggest in years. new hardware is nice, but it is the games that get me excited. Only 5 months away.

but I can't wait till e3... show the games now lol

I demand to have some PS4 games reveal related excitement before E3!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Uncharted will be q1 or q2 2015 imo.

Azerth said:
Finally wonderbook 2

Still better than Kinect adventures.