By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Third Party successes.

supernihilist said:
freaking CoD 3 is still selling on Wii, currently at 2.21M acording to this site

Its funny how thats the earliest COD on wii and all the ones after it couldnt beat it even with a larger install base.

Around the Network

I remember sonic adventure 2 battle selling over 2.5 million on gamecube, far more than original dreamcast version.

Kresnik said:
Busted said:
Monster Hunter 4, Kingdom Hearts DDD, solid performance, Youkai watch (which has been TM for Occident *-*), i don't know, some others i guess, eating right now, can't think.

I don't think DDD did perform very well actually.  We're tracking it well below both 358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep.  It's tracking about on par with the HD Collection on PS3, which isn't too fantastic.  It's also still ~ 100k overtracked in the USA.

Part of that is Square Enix's own doing for messing the IP around so much on different platforms, but equally I don't think you can really call it a "third party success".  It's more of a "third party average performance".

It did well

Lol, you started a thread with a particular claim and then could only think of 2 examples to back it up? No offense dude but you need to be getting the evidence BEFORE you have opinions, not the other way around!

Busted said:

It did well

It did alright-ish at best.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
supernihilist said:
freaking CoD 3 is still selling on Wii, currently at 2.21M acording to this site

Its funny how thats the earliest COD on wii and all the ones after it couldnt beat it even with a larger install base.

man im telling you, its still being sold at stores NEW!

it has sold more than 40k units this past year which is crazy for this game. it was outselling weekly the newer games for a long time. i think only MW3 sold more this year on Wii FPS genre LOL

and then they say CoD doesnt sell on Nintendo consoles.
CoD has sold a total of around 7-8M games on Wii  which is not too shabby

Castlevania 1-4, Contra, Gradius and Lifeforce, Mega Man series, Street Fighter 2, Final Fantasy 1-6, Secret of Mana.... I'm sure there's lots of others, but these are the releases that have jumped to mind. AAA third party support hasn't really been there much since N64 so it's hard to say they don't sell. COD: Ghosts was a pretty good version on Wii U, but Activision was practically denying its existence until just before release...and they wonder why it sold poorly.

Just Dance. It's obvious.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

According to VGChartz, Silent Hill: Shatter Memories on Wii sold more than any Silent Hill realeased on PS3 or 360, that's a success right there!

Third party games can do well on the Wii U as long as they are exclusive

I wish some 3rd parties would try to play on the strenghts of each platform instead of trying to shoehorn the same products into as many platforms as possible (excludig the Wii U)