By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Third Party successes.

Sonic games.

Around the Network

I believe what those people means is success for third party games like COD or AC. Unfortunately, we won't be able to measure correctly the success or failure of big franchises on Nintendo hardware.

There are some third party games that doesn't sell good on Nintendo hardware, but others do. For example MH, DQ and P&DZ.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

This OP alone is the #1 reason 3rd parties are not willing to release their games on Nintendo systems..........
Its a FACT. Nintendo systems mostly sell Nintendo games. so why should 3rd parties continue to waste development funds on a game that will only lose them money.

Poor online structure
Weak hardware
stigma of "Kids games"
Are the areas that Nintendo needs to fix in order to be successful going forward.

Monster Hunter 4, Kingdom Hearts DDD, solid performance, Youkai watch (which has been TM for Occident *-*), i don't know, some others i guess, eating right now, can't think.

Busted said:
Monster Hunter 4, Kingdom Hearts DDD, solid performance, Youkai watch (which has been TM for Occident *-*), i don't know, some others i guess, eating right now, can't think.

Inazuma Eleven, Disney game, Fantasy Life.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Basically every Sonic game except for the latest one.

Busted said:

I don't think DDD did perform very well actually.  We're tracking it well below both 358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep.  It's tracking about on par with the HD Collection on PS3, which isn't too fantastic.  It's also still ~ 100k overtracked in the USA.

Part of that is Square Enix's own doing for messing the IP around so much on different platforms, but equally I don't think you can really call it a "third party success".  It's more of a "third party average performance".

freaking CoD 3 is still selling on Wii, currently at 2.21M acording to this site

Skylander series does well on Wii if memory serves.

Resident Evil did pretty good on the GC/Wii.