By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - That Watch Dogs game

Hey you guys, remember when Watch Dogs got announced? Everybody on the internet freaked the fuck out. A new gorgeous looking game this late in the generation. And ever since people have been on fence when it comes to Watch Dogs. But now I can´t shake the feeling that its going to a bit... shit I guess. I mean what are you going to do in this game? Shooting people, Hacking and driving right? I don´t know it doesn´t really sound that exciting especially after GTA V. 

Now the story could be great, but since it an Ubisoft game its not going to. I don´t I am really sceptical.

Around the Network

I never really understood the hype for it. It's practically AC in the present with guns and smartphones. I asume it will play the same. I mean it even shares part of the lore.
It seems fun, like most open world games do, but someone has to explain to me what's so groundbreaking in it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
I never really understood the hype for it. It's practically AC in the present with guns and smartphones. I asume it will play the same. I mean it even shares part of the lore.
It seems fun, like most open world games do, but someone has to explain to me what's so groundbreaking in it.

It takes a new approach to open world games, where you control the environment in a manner sort of speak. From what I seen it could be really fun to people that like planning things out, and doing missions over and over again, to get the best results. (I did missions in GTA V over again, just to see if I could get 100%, namely the stealth ones... I love stealth in these games).

It also takes place in an environment not really visited by open world games...Chicago... 

People like it for different reasons, it really just appears different than things before it. 

People watched the trailers and thought, "Wow! I bet there's tons of other cool things you can do in this game" and set their expectations accordingly.

Unfortunately, the trailers show 100% of the cool parts of the game. And you will have to do each of them over and over to complete a mission.

Watching the gameplay in Watch Dogs, it's clear that the movement and combat system is far better than it is in GTA5. Driving also looks solid.

Watch Dogs looks to incorporate a lot of unique gameplay elements into the game to add more variety to the GTA style games. Missions that, like Acevil stated, can be completed in multiple different ways. The random missions in the game seem better than the GTA and Red Dead Redemption random missions, but they could have looked better than they actually are. Ubisoft is known to deceive people with its prerelease footage.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

Watching the gameplay in Watch Dogs, it's clear that the movement and combat system is far better than it is in GTA5. Driving also looks solid.

Watch Dogs looks to incorporate a lot of unique gameplay elements into the game to add more variety to the GTA style games. Missions that, like Acevil stated, can be completed in multiple different ways. The random missions in the game seem better than the GTA and Red Dead Redemption random missions, but they could have looked better than they actually are. Ubisoft is known to deceive people with its prerelease footage.

And not just that, you remember the campaign surrounding the Assassin´s Creed game. Everybody was hyped as hell, when the game then finally came everybody realized that it was kinda shit. OK maybe not shit but it was boring. And I kinda feel that Watch will be a similar thing

AndrewWK said:
kupomogli said:

And not just that, you remember the campaign surrounding the Assassin´s Creed game. Everybody was hyped as hell, when the game then finally came everybody realized that it was kinda shit. OK maybe not shit but it was boring. And I kinda feel that Watch will be a similar thing

But even for that time, when AC I released it was unique, while repetitive it did offer a lot of new experiences in gaming, and it is really popular franchise because of it. Also a lot of people loved AC I when it came out. Infact really the hate for AC  starts with Revelations and III. The newest entry is really adored by the fans, given they could have made it even more impressive, if they had online ship battles. 

Watch dogs never had me excited.
But I'll probably pick it up for €30/20 or something.

The games that really have me excited atm are south park, the witcher, infamous and the evil within.

I'm still kinda excited about this game.

i'm still excited, it looks awesome from what we've seen. They need to give us a solid release date tho.

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik