By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Finally picked up a big screen, but need help

kn said:
There *should* be a service menu which allows for alignment that is more precise. I had a Hitachi HD 42" rear projection and it had the same RGB crosshair alignment. It worked for the center 70% of the image, but the outer regions were still blurry.

There was a service menu which provided crosshairs in multiple areas -- I think it was 8 squares. Each had to be lined up. Once done, this improved the picture immensely. The trouble is, in that service menu, you can ruin the TV if you don't know what you are doing...

I'll poke around and see if I can find a service manual or "service menu" for that TV. What is the exact model as listed on the rear?

For a Benji, you can't go wrong. Even if you just use it for sports...

Thanks a million, Ken. You always come through for a brother.

@ Mesoteto - I am SO praying for you, bud ... 

Around the Network

My Solution: Just take the back off and start playing...

Usually results in some sort of untimely death of the electronic but I sure learn a lot!

well, from what you described it looks like a calibration job.
It might cost you around $300-$500 to hire a professional.
Though you could always look up a calibratin thread(If theres any) for that model in the internet.
though I dont know If any parts need to be replaced, If some does, then its a different price range.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I wouldn't have done it unless it's free (well, you have to drive down there to get it)

if you can get it fixed, great, although I have a feeling it's going to be near impossible to do so (or cost you way too much).

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Thanks for the advice. I changed a few settings and it looks better - it's not perfect - the images on the edges are double, but it's looks good in the center of the screen.

I am going to google the info. Wish me the best!

Around the Network

I entered the service menu and played with a few settings. You can adjust the sharpness, focus for each gun.

For mine I had a grid of dots all over the screen and you move around and adjust as needed. Quite a bit of stuff to do. there is even manual focus of the guns by loosening the wing nuts and rotating the gun.

First thing is first... find the info online to enter service menu and calibrate the TV> Its easy but cryptic. With out a guide... your out of luck. It took me longer to find a good online guide than actually doing the work. My TV was a Sony...

madskillz said:
Thanks for the advice. I changed a few settings and it looks better - it's not perfect - the images on the edges are double, but it's looks good in the center of the screen.

I am going to google the info. Wish me the best!

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/zenith/zenith_iqb64_svcmenu&convergence.html

There's an example of what I'm talking about.  It talks about adjusting convergence at the center and then doing the corners... there is very likely a service menu in there somewhere.... just have to find it.  It's certainly possible that something is physically wrong, but it's likely this can help...

Here's an excerpt from this post:

"Zenith recommends aligning the center first, then the points above, below and to either side of center, followed by the corners of that box. Keep checking back at center and back out, as the later adjustments may affect your earlier adjustments. Here is Zenith's recommended adjustment sequence.

8-6-5-4-5-6-8
7-5-3-2-3-5-7
6-4-2-1-2-4-6
7-5-3-2-3-5-7
8-6-5-4-5-6-8

Save your settings periodically by hitting 9 then 1 and Enter."

I wish you the best of luck and be careful in the service menu if your TV does, in fact, have one. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Here's the model # - Zenith's IQC50H94W HD Monitor Projection TV

http://www.zenith.com/sub_prod/product_Display.asp?cat=45&id=21

Try this sequence and see if it gets you in:

Using the television's remote control:

Turn the TV on. Hold down the [MENU] key on the remote until the menu clears or "Welcome to Zenith" appears then release the [MENU] key and within two (2) seconds hit the following five keys:

[9], [8], [7], [6], [ENTER]
-or-

[9], [8], [7], [6], [DISPLAY]

You will now have access to the service menus.

[MENU] = Toggles between two menu pages
[UP], [DOWN] cursor = selects the item for adjustment
[LEFT], [RIGHT] cursor = varies the value
[POWER] = exit service mode and saves any adjustments made

The items are appropriately captioned and the ones of interest should be easily spotted.

If you're attempting to adjust color or geometry errors, you'll need the Video Essentials DVD, Laser Disc or some other source of test material.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.