By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Me vs my PC! an epic fight for insanity. (Display driver does not respond)

soulfly666 said:

Try removing and re seating the card. I can't tell you how many completely random and unrelated different problems I have solved on built PC's (and American cars) by simply taking them apart and reconnecting every component. Also did you screw with the BiOS recently?  People who are advocates of always updating BiOS, and chipsets, and certain other things often times are wrong.  There are certain setups where you should not mess with certain things unless you are doing it to remediate some sort of problem.

that reminded me of the it crowd eventho it isn't as simple as you make it sound, for 90% of the world XD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
soulfly666 said:

Try removing and re seating the card. I can't tell you how many completely random and unrelated different problems I have solved on built PC's (and American cars) by simply taking them apart and reconnecting every component. Also did you screw with the BiOS recently?  People who are advocates of always updating BiOS, and chipsets, and certain other things often times are wrong.  There are certain setups where you should not mess with certain things unless you are doing it to remediate some sort of problem.

thanks :) gonna play some tetris then. // only fiddled with the bios after days of trying to resolve this particular problem.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Another option is to give me a few hours and I'll remote connect to your PC and do some troubleshooting, I have to go to work and stuff first.

Crystalchild said:

edit @ pemalite: i will do so tomorrow, i'll take my brother's 7790, which works flawlessly in his rig. thanks. :) is there a possibilty that, once the error occured a gajillion times,it is bound to happen to other cards (like the intel igp) aswell? i of course used the original intel driver testing this, but.. (it didnt happen to me using the intel IGP before using the gpu.. even though i didnt play demanding games on it at that time)

Nope, which is what makes me think the issue isn't your GPU.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

You could have a faulty motherboard.

fatslob-:O said:
You could have a faulty motherboard.

the thought alone makes me feel uncomfy.. i dont know why 'cause the board isnt exactly the most expensive part, .. but it got all stuff sticked in there. D:

@pemalite: since i didnt have the time to download any pron, we might give that a shot if everything else fails. 

Edit:Gotta call it a night, its 1 am. Catch ya fellas later, and thanks so much for all the input. Will continue tomorrow. :)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

i didnt have the chance to grab another GPU today.. but what i did though is i disabled pci express link state power management (which i stmbled upon on accident), and then played CiV5 for 5 hours straight without fucking noticing... i have a gigantic headache, but i keep the game running with the monitor off, checking it from time to time. gonna keep u guys updated if anything happens. wish me the best of luck xD

(funfact: everyone in civ 5 declared war to me. :< .,. wiping out 2 nations out of couriosity didnt seem to be a good idea. but damn it is fun)

Crystalchild said:

i didnt have the chance to grab another GPU today.. but what i did though is i disabled pci express link state power management (which i stmbled upon on accident), and then played CiV5 for 5 hours straight without fucking noticing... i have a gigantic headache, but i keep the game running with the monitor off, checking it from time to time. gonna keep u guys updated if anything happens. wish me the best of luck xD

(funfact: everyone in civ 5 declared war to me. :< .,. wiping out 2 nations out of couriosity didnt seem to be a good idea. but damn it is fun)

I wish you the best of luck!
Failing that, jump into event viewer and show me some error logs.

Pemalite said:
Crystalchild said:

while i feel naughty having taken over the whole world with dem germanz, i've just played another 3 hours (damn that game!) without any problem whatsoever. what happened in addition though is windows installed 133 updates since yesterday. (yeah, seriously.) but whatever has caused my system to run can stay without paying rent for the rest of the system's lifespan. however if anything happens i'll post all the logs i can find.

thanks so much for all the support. :3

(still curious though, how can tiny changes have such an impact? and why is it working for others with similar hardware without changes? PC WHY U SO COMPLICATED)

Crystalchild said:
Pemalite said:
Crystalchild said:

while i feel naughty having taken over the whole world with dem germanz, i've just played another 3 hours (damn that game!) without any problem whatsoever. what happened in addition though is windows installed 133 updates since yesterday. (yeah, seriously.) but whatever has caused my system to run can stay without paying rent for the rest of the system's lifespan. however if anything happens i'll post all the logs i can find.

thanks so much for all the support. :3

(still curious though, how can tiny changes have such an impact? and why is it working for others with similar hardware without changes? PC WHY U SO COMPLICATED)

The PC isn't overly complicated, well not to me anyway.

As for tiny changes, I would assume you had a hardware conflict, which Windows Update may have rectified. (It updates drivers and OS doohickies to fix all the things.)
I have also seen PC's where Windows Update has "updated" something like USB drivers to a version that was relatively old and if you plug in a flash drive the system would blue screen.

Generally though, I have minimal issues with my PC, heck my motherboard has a 10 year warranty, PSU has a 7 year warranty and I even have overclocking insurance on my processor, so it's built to last, although you pay out the nose for such a premium, current uptime according to the UEFI Bios is just over 3 months without a reboot. :)