By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Name One Reason Why Nintendo Is Doomed, and One Reason They're Not

Do U think Nintendo is doomed?

Yes 9 14.06%

No 46 71.88%

Maybe/Not sure 9 14.06%

Total:64

doomed - home consoles
undoomed - handheld

They would be better off selling handhelds only and a seperate kit which people can use to connect it to a TV and comes with a 'pro controller'.

Around the Network

Failure: Because the Wii U is not doing well

Not a Failure: They still have Mario

Well I guess you'll be the one filling the spot for toastboy so I guess it's now gonna be "cut nintentacle some slack" from now on. ^_^

On a serious note though their doomed if they keep making worse than gamecube consoles such as the WII but their not doomed due to the shit ton of money they have and the fact that they dominate on handhelds.

Nintendo isn't doomed because they own their respective software niches. Platformers, social games, properties aimed at children, these are all areas where Nintendo dominates the competition. Even if they had to give up on home consoles, which I can't see happening, they'd still own these genres with their software.

Nintendo is doomed because of their philosophy of surprising the customer over giving the customer what they want, their out of touch with most of the world business structure, and their desire to gamble on hardware home-runs above delivering a solid product. It's kind of a shame their game developers have to bail the rest of the company out on a continuous basis.

wii u at lower price with a greater selection of software will probably do quite well. Might need a revised sku to fine tune the design a bit. 3DS still a great earner. Their losses are probably because of a large amount of wii u stock they are sitting on. The wii u was always a high risk strategy, releasing a low spec console at a inflated price. Worked with wii but has failed with wii u.

Around the Network
bosslug said:
supernihilist said:
Nintendo is doomed because the WiiU is selling really poorly and 3DS is underperforming compared to DS (who wouldve thought?)

Nintendo is not doomed because they have the most powerful IPs on the industry. The have been proven to be able to reinvent themselves . They are financially strong too.

Are you surprised 3DS isn't selling as well in comparison to DS in a market dominated by mobile phone gaming?

I'm not suprised that 3DS isn't selling as well in comparison to DS because DS is the second best-selling gaming system ever. Pretty hard to top that. 

bosslug said:
supernihilist said:
Nintendo is doomed because the WiiU is selling really poorly and 3DS is underperforming compared to DS (who wouldve thought?)

Nintendo is not doomed because they have the most powerful IPs on the industry. The have been proven to be able to reinvent themselves . They are financially strong too.

Are you surprised 3DS isn't selling as well in comparison to DS in a market dominated by mobile phone gaming?

Nintendo is doomed because of WiiU
Nintendo is not doomed because of Mario.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Why Nintendo isn't doomed - Because they live in their own universe with so much innovative and new ideas no matter what the others say. Nintendo is just fun. They have so many franchises and games with a very long history and this will not end because of some failures. Because there are a lot of people out there who want to play Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles again and again even some of them won't say that. If you are in this universe you'll never want to get out of it.

Why Nintendo is doomed - Because they live in their own universe and can't see they have to change when the world changes. They do what they think is the best and which fits in their traditions and history. Because they use some franchises like Mario too often while franchises like Star Fox and F-Zero are nearly extinct. Because they give you so many reasons to buy their consoles but don't let you because of a lot reasons why you shouldn't buy these consoles.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Was there ever an easier question to answer

Doomed ->Wii U
Not Doomed -> 3DS