By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU overtakes Vita...

Bruxel said:
not to long for wii u to overtake vita hardware sales

It sold almost the same amount of hardware last year as Vita. And sold less this week. I don't think it will outsell it for a while unless the games boost the hardware up by a lot.

Around the Network

To be fair, handhelds never sell as many units of software as consoles do. Tie ratios tend to be up towards 10 for consoles at the end of a generation, and 3-5 for handhelds. So it's expected that Wii U software will surpass Vita software.

As a Nintendo gamer (who does not, and likely will not, own a Vita), all I want is for both systems to get stronger and sell better.

veritaz said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
kayoss said:

Lmfao!  Wii u is a home console and vita is a hand held. Choke on that!

Are you really gonna ignore the fact that the DS, which is a handheld, outsold the ps3, 360 and wii while making that comment? Unless you are siding with the wiiU, then ignore this comment

It's interesting you bring up the DS. It sold less software than the 360, despite almost double the install base and more time on the market. In terms of tie-ratios the DS is ranked number 14. And it is the highest ranked handheld.

Handhelds in general sell significantly less hardware than home consoles. It's interesting that there doesn't seem to be many people acknowledging this.

I think you mean software. I did bring it up but no one seemed to notice.

Mhmm, if thats what he ment then he is right and I will retract my comment

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

veritaz said:
DucksUnlimited said:
kayoss said:

Are you really gonna ignore the fact that the DS, which is a handheld, outsold the ps3, 360 and wii while making that comment? Unless you are siding with the wiiU, then ignore this comment

It's interesting you bring up the DS. It sold less software than the 360, despite almost double the install base and more time on the market. In terms of tie-ratios the DS is ranked number 14. And it is the highest ranked handheld.

Handhelds in general sell significantly less hardware than home consoles. It's interesting that there doesn't seem to be many people acknowledging this.

I'm only assuming that's what he was trying to say. It's the only thing that makes sense at least.

I wish both the Wii U and the Vita well in the future. Hopefully they can turn it around and pick up some steam. I don't own a Vita but why should I wish doom on something? Competition drives evolution and innovation. I hope Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft do great to keep supplying us with amazing games!

Around the Network
benji232 said:
Lawlight said:
benji232 said:
Fusioncode said:
benji232 said:
Lawlight said:
60% digital for the Vita...

That stat is complete bullshit. Show me some proof, an article, anything. Other then pulling a number out of the blue.  You're telling me sony sold 20million digital games on psvita? Give me a break man.

EDIT: Sorry in advance if it was a joke post, my joke detector on the internet is pretty weak.

I think he's talking about this:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/60-percent-of-all-ps-vita-purchases-made-digitally/1100-6409663/

Probably including all indie, psp, ps1 game purchases. And that comment was for the NA market only. But I guess this proves that he didn't take that 60% out of nowhere.

Indie, PSP or PS1, a game purchased on the Vita should be counted as software sales for the Vita. Also, I don't see anything being mentioned about NA only.

Jack Tretton is the President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America. That makes it pretty obvious right there. And this is a thread comparing retail game sales vs retail game sales. So no, we're not including virtual console sales, indie game sales, ps1 sales, etc.

And by the way, I love the vita. I'm not hating on it (I own one myself). But the fact that wiiU software sales surpassed vita software sales with 1 year less on the market shows just how poorly they supported the system themselves. 1-2 first party releases per year is not acceptable.

E3 is a worldwide event and Jack Tretton is in a position to talk about worldwide sales. And this topic is about softwares sales - retail or not.

You can't compare retail PC games sales to retail WiiU sales. It's similar for the Vita.

If nintendo make more games advertise it more it will without a doubt unless Sony releases PSvita 2000 at 159.99 or 169.99 make more game and advertise it alot more the vita will be a failure

veritaz said:
veritaz said:
DucksUnlimited said:
kayoss said:

I'm only assuming that's what he was trying to say. It's the only thing that makes sense at least.

Your assumption is correct. Thanks for pointing it out.

veritaz said:
Bruxel said:

It sold almost the same amount of hardware last year as Vita. And sold less this week. I don't think it will outsell it for a while unless the games boost the hardware up by a lot.

alot of big titles coming to wii U, nothing to great coming to vita. Wii U will beat vita lifetime sales.

these two strugglers struggle

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Bruxel said:
veritaz said:
Bruxel said:

alot of big titles coming to wii U, nothing to great coming to vita. Wii U will beat vita lifetime sales.

these two strugglers struggle

I have no doubt it will beat it in lifetime sales, I was just doubting the not long before it happens part.