By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forget MS.. EA is paying 10 dollar CPM!

Figgycal said:
MoHasanie said:
Looks like Sony, Samsung etc. do this too. Are people here gonna claim what they do is illegal as well or is it only illegal when MS does it?

I believe Samsung just got fined 340k for breaking FTC guidelines. It's always been illegal... Is it not supposed to be illegal when its Microsoft's turn?

Samsung paid people to say bad things about HTC. MS isn't paying people to say bad things about Sony or nintendo, its paying them to say good things about the Xbox One. Its not the same thing.  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
TurboElder said:
People buying crap from EA are a cancer of this industry.

This I got bf4  for free

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

MoHasanie said:
Looks like Sony, Samsung etc. do this too. Are people here gonna claim what they do is illegal as well or is it only illegal when MS does it?

?? Where when?

pezus said:

Shitty practice to be honest. Can't believe some people are defending this. Well, that's a lie because I can believe it and also see why.

It is sad people will defend a company no matter what for what? Some sense of misguided loyalty? Thesecompanies dont know you exist lol.

MoHasanie said:
Figgycal said:
MoHasanie said:

I believe Samsung just got fined 340k for breaking FTC guidelines. It's always been illegal... Is it not supposed to be illegal when its Microsoft's turn?

Samsung paid people to say bad things about HTC. MS isn't paying people to say bad things about Sony or nintendo, its paying them to say good things about the Xbox One. Its not the same thing.  

But forcing people to hide it is a paid ad is illegal, breaks FTC regiulations and just as bad.  Pleade post where sony has done that? The issue isn't [paying for an ad, the issue is lying, hiding behind you tube channels, which is dishonest and wrong.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
MoHasanie said:

?? Where when?

Nikkom posted multiple articles. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
FlamingWeazel said:
MoHasanie said:

?? Where when?

Nikkom posted multiple articles. 

None of them sony forced them not to SAY or hide the agreement, by ftc rules, you have to. Again post when sony has done that., You are not allowed to pay for ads, and then not disclose it was a paid advertisement, it's gainst the law, not to mention unethical....................... Big difference. All of that was explained in the OP.

well! Shit that is more than i get for my blog for a whole month. lmfao

it's not legal when to say you didn't get money against your local government who taxes your income,
it is certainly not illegal to not inform your viewers, is it ethical? probably not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I don't care, not a big deal, it's ok, because Microsoft is doing it too.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’