By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 was designed for owls

cringer8 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I've had no problems with the PS Store, though it's damn near impossible to see the web browser.

This is on a 52 in. from ~8 feet away.

I am using the browser right now. At least you can zoom in on that. The predictive text is a pain in the ass, though. I'm not always going use the same word after I type "THE," so stop moving my cursor over there after EVERY word! O h, and the suggested words are too small, too :)

You're using a controller to type? That must take ages. If you are using a keyboard you can just keep typing and ignore it, if you're using the controller just push R1 after the word and it won't use the prediction.

As for the text, I personally don't have any issues with it.

Around the Network

Thanks for the R1 tip. That should help. And, yeah, using a controller to type takes some time, but it's not terrible. Since I use a laptop as my primary computer, I don't have a keyboard or mouse and won't buy a set just for a videogame console.

The text in the store isn't my only issue. The pictures are so small that they're pretty much useless unless you already know what they're referring to (like the Rock Band pics and such). It's just a silly layout with a ton of wasted space. There have to be a dozen different ways it could be done to make it more TV-friendly.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

@ cringer, on an SDTV there is none of the stuff down the side, and everything has been expanded in size, but decreased in content, so it is actually easier to read, the text is generally larger

Well, at least they thought about those SDTV users. I actually thought about that, because if it's hard for me in 1080i and 42", it would be impossible to read the same screen at 480i. Now, if only I could customize MY store to display in the SDTV layout you speak of...

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

If you go to 480i it should be all zoomed in and a bit blurry, give it a shot.

Around the Network

You will get used to it over time. With my first pc I was using 800x600 resolution then went up to 1024x768 and now I am using 1280x1024 and I couldn't imagine going back to a lower res hehe.