By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Started Luigi's Mansion 2 And...

Tagged games:

I am so disappointed with it.

First of all, I hate how the mansions are split up into missions. Honestly, it breaks up the gameplay so much. I understand it's a handheld title, but why couldn't they have a mission mode, and then a mode where you just explore the mansions without the interruptions? Plus, there is a lot of hand holding, it just kinda ruins the game for me.

The ghosts I've also found lack personality. In the first one, the ghosts (specifically the boss ghosts) were so creative, now it just seems like the same ghosts with swapped color pallets.

I do like the varied mansions, and the new abilities your Poltergeist 5000 and flashlight have. Ghost catching is still fun, and the music and visuals are great. However, this feels like such a step down from the first title. I sincerly hope that they make a Luigi's Mansion 3 on Wii U without this mission structure.

Around the Network

I haven't played the first one, but I agree we should have got to explore the mansions without interruptions.

Yep.

I hope they revamp this game if they ever plan on bring it to the Wii U.

I liked the game but I agree with the lack of diversity and originality for the ghosts. Boss fights were fine in my opinion.

My guess is that because the original was hard n complex, these changes were made to make it more accessible. Due to the sales, if they make a LM3, it''ll most likely be similar to LM2 in structure. As for the ghost, no idea what happened there! I actually liked they way they look better than in LM1, but yeah the bosses were seriously lacking diversity.

Around the Network

I loved LM2. Yes I would of appreciated a more seamless mansion but everything else is sooo fun

Without a doubt the most overrated game I played in 2013...
I've been trying to get through it but I find it really tedious and slow at times...
And I just don't get what anyone sees in the multiplayer...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
Without a doubt the most overrated game I played in 2013...
I've been trying to get through it but I find it really tedious and slow at times...
And I just don't get what anyone sees in the multiplayer...

So you don't get fun? xP