By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5 (final) review from InsideSImRacing.

Tagged games:

I've put a good number of hours into Forza 5 and still have plenty to do in career mode.

I have my gripes with it, but its a great racer and the visuals are stunning. Well worth the purchase.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Vasto said:
Forza has always been a true sim racer. They only people that say different are the ones who just don't want to give the game the props it deserves. Forza has made all other racing games totally irrelevant.

Good to know, I'll be getting a One when Forza 6 comes out. If they listen to this that is:
I would like to see Forza offer more options to make it a racing simulator. Day to night transitions, weather effects, pit stops, caution flags, etc. They have a great base to work with, now they need add some real racing to it.

Currently I'm yet again addicted to Nurburgring in GT6, the half hour day/night/rain race is amazing. Can't wait to do that on a next gen machine. Who will manage it first! Next gen endurance races, 210 cars on track, different classes mixed together, upto 2.5 hour driving shifts, the real thing!

A racing sim without proper tyre and fuel wear....right...

Vasto said:
Forza has always been a true sim racer. They only people that say different are the ones who just don't want to give the game the props it deserves. Forza has made all other racing games totally irrelevant.

In what way has Forza made all other racing games totally irrelevant? Are you saying I'm not ever going to need GT, NFS, Midnight Club (great franchise), Burnout, Mario Kart, Dirt or GRID? Because I go back and forth between a couple of these racing franchises and find that neither of them make the other irrelevant. Its also good to note that Forza is the only next gen title so far to release, was a launch title, scored above average reviews, and your now calling all other racing games irrelevant? Do you want people to take you seriously?

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
A racing sim without proper tyre and fuel wear....right...

Forza has never been the complete package or most realistic in the industry but its safe to say that it easily has the most focused and unified experience.

A_C_E said:
Vasto said:

In what way has Forza made all other racing games totally irrelevant? Are you saying I'm not ever going to need GT, NFS, Midnight Club (great franchise), Burnout, Mario Kart, Dirt or GRID? Because I go back and forth between a couple of these racing franchises and find that neither of them make the other irrelevant. Its also good to note that Forza is the only next gen title so far to release, was a launch title, scored above average reviews, and your now calling all other racing games irrelevant? Do you want people to take you seriously?

I dont care what people believe or think. Only reviews I care about are the real world reviews like the one from InsideSimRacing. Nonthing comes close to Forza and its been that way since last gen. lol

Vasto said:
A_C_E said:
Vasto said:

I dont care what people believe or think. Only reviews I care about are the real world reviews like the one from InsideSimRacing. Nonthing comes close to Forza and its been that way since last gen. lol

The real world reviewers like InsideSimRacing who declared Forza needs more improvement in the racing sim aspect of the game?

But again, in what way has Forza made all those other fun, exciting, deep racing games irrelevant?

Was thinking about their comments. I have tried the Thrustmaster Wheel. Unfortunately I cant afford it right now. But I said back then that Forza 5 was easily the best simulation on consoles and it really is by some way. The physics are in a different league to last gen and the feedback is much more impressive. Good to see a reviewer like Sim Racing who plays countless hours on I Racing etc on PC say Forza 5 is clearly the best sim on consoles. And they are viewing the game on that alone. Not the polotics of Microtransactions etc.

ISR is always the review I wait for when wanting to know about sim racers. These games are made for people like them.

Vasto said:
A_C_E said:
Vasto said:

Pure irony, considering insidesimracing preferred GT to forza as a SIM all last gen.