By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For Nintendo fans: If you feel the industry needs fewer shooters, why do you still hate anything that isn't a shooter because it's non-Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Knack gets bashed because it's a shitty game, not because its a non-shooter on a non-Nintendo system.

Around the Network

They miss out on all the good non shoot games like Journey, Tearaway, Puppeteer, Sly Thieves in Time, Ninokuni, P4G etc simply because its non Nintendo.

JoeTheBro said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well... the Budget for anything that holds a gun on ps/xbox seems to be a lot more than anything that doesn't... Also the sales for anything that holds a gun also seems to be more than anything that doesn't atm and they also seems to get a lot more prime time...

I did not like Knack, its not cause I am a Nintendo fan, I just think its a horrible game.. But the same goes for ZombiU for the wiiU, when that launched and people were buying it, I not only didn't buy it, but I always said that it was a terrible game and people shouldn't buy it

Its not about whether Knack is a shooter or not, its just a bad, bad, bad game... Just look at the reviews for one... If you like it, thats fine but it doesn't change the fact that its a terrible game to the masses

Did you beat knack on hard?

I personally thought the game was amazing.

Nahh I didn't even finish it cause to me, it was boring, dull, repetitive, predictable and just boring... The Story was average at best and Knack as a character is more lifeless than Mario... And stuff like the game going into a cutscene for when Knack is jumping slightly longer distance is just weird... Why have a cutscene of him jumping? Its just idk, boring to me... If you like it, thats fine and I am glad you enjoyed it, I, however did not...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Turkish said:
They miss out on all the good non shoot games like Journey, Tearaway, Puppeteer, Sly Thieves in Time, Ninokuni, P4G etc simply because its non Nintendo.

You say that as if Nintendo fans don't own Sony/MS consoles. We often do. I have a 360, have since 2009.

Frankly though, none of the games you listed interest me except Puppeteer.

TC avatar: Guy with huge gun.
Franchises below TC avatar: Uncharted, God of War, TLOU, Starhawk.
Franchise demoninator: violence.
Thread topic: The superior diversity on PS systems.
Reality: PS owners are not really interested in the diversity of their preferred systems (11 of top 15 bestselling PS3 are FPS or TPS/shooters disguised as action adventures, 3 of 5 bestselling PS4 games are currently FPS).
My theory: PS+ was invented to enforce the ignored diversity on PS owners.
Did I generalize? Less than the thread question.

Around the Network

Objection!

The OP cannot reasonably determine my personal opinion about non-Nintendo games without any evidence to back it up.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

What are you talking about? I'm a Nintendo fan and I adored Tearaway and I love the LBP series. I also like a lot sly cooper. I really do love rayman.

Useless thread is useless.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

There's no way Knack is a 5/10 game as suggested by critics. Try out the full game and its about a 7/10. Most people bashing it haven't tried the full game or find it too difficult.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Turkish said:

Keep generalizing. You're making yourself look ridiculous. 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

okr said:
Reality: PS owners are not really interested in the diversity of their preferred systems (11 of top 15 bestselling PS3 are FPS or TPS/shooters disguised as action adventures, 3 of 5 bestselling PS4 games are currently FPS).

Very flawed logic. Just because the best selling games are shooters, it doesn't mean that ps owners are only interested in shooters. Why ignore the very good/respectable sales of Heavy Rain, Beyond, Journey, LBP, Final Fantasy 13, Infamous etc? In which other console can gamers play such a unique game as Heavy Rain? Even more impressive is the number of niche games released on ps3. Tons of games sell less than 300k, but are constantly released on ps3 instead of wii/wiiu or 360. That's where the ps consoles thrive in terms of diversity.