By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors questions.

This is for the 4 people who bought the game or people who know answers. Do you actually move and explore in this game ? If not does that make the game bad? How is the story,gameplay,visuals,and controls? When is the U.S release date?

Around the Network

the game will be released on 2 days.
US: February 19, 2008 US

and it got 7/10 from IGN.

"Outlook
Hopefully Square Enix will have enough time before launch to polish up its game and add every needed feature, but at least it'll have the option of patching it after-the-fact with WiiConnect24. Square Enix has a lot of new land to explore with this first-person action game. No matter what has changed and what has remained the same between this game and its predecessor, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors is bound to be a fun game for Wii."

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

i was reading up on it quite a bit today actually.

yes you move yourself, however, you have to use the Dpad at the top of the wiimote. the review i read thought it was odd that SE didn't provide any support for the nunchuck as that would have made moving around easier. as far as exploring goes, it's supposed to be fairly linear. there are a couple of spots where you can choose to take the left or right path but that's about it.

for the controls your need to make slashing motions. they said that up/down and side/side motions where pretty good but that diagonal motions where not as good. overall they aren't suppose to be too bad but if the diagonal slashes were more reliable battles could be more efficient.

i think the best thing i can leave you with is this summary, DQ swords is an 8-10 hour game that is very good but not excellent. the hardcore fans will probably find this game too simple but it will provide a great intro to those who are not so familiar with the RPG genre.

release date is the 19th or this tuesday.

apparently other magazines are not as nice.

1Up gave it 5.5

EGM: 5.5/10, 5/10 and 6.5/10

When a DQ game doesn't sell in Japan, you know it sucks. I guess the Japanese aren't as blindly in love with anything JRPG as we thought.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

Does anybody know anything about the story. The ign  video review didn't say anything about the story. It seems a little simple. I might just save my money for some of the better rpgs coming out or buy lost odyssey.

Around the Network

bump Need more info.

Soriku said:
kingofwale said:

1Up gave it 5.5

When a DQ game doesn't sell in Japan, you know it sucks. I guess the Japanese aren't as blindly in love with anything JRPG as we thought.

DQS has outsold EVERY PS3 AND 360 title in Japan, with around 500k+ sales on a rather small user base when it was launched. So, it DID sell well, and you phail.

claiming the fact DQS only sold 500K was due to "small user base", while doing it in the same sentence that compared it to 360 and PS3 in Japan? How ironic, no?

as for "sell well", well, it's a relative term, but dropping from last iteration of 2 million+ first week to 500K in MONTHS, I'm sure Enix is THRILLED about that.

Possibly one of the lowest scored game by EnixSquare in a long time. That, combines with the fact this is the first Enix game on Wii, I forsee a fantastic future for both.

@SC.

Please save the money and just get LO instead if you are looking for a JRPG

selnor
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
Soriku said:
kingofwale said:

1Up gave it 5.5

DQS has outsold EVERY PS3 AND 360 title in Japan, with around 500k+ sales on a rather small user base when it was launched. So, it DID sell well, and you phail.

claiming the fact DQS only sold 500K was due to "small user base", while doing it in the same sentence that compared it to 360 and PS3 in Japan? How ironic, no?

as for "sell well", well, it's a relative term, but dropping from last iteration of 2 million+ first week to 500K in MONTHS, I'm sure Enix is THRILLED about that.

Possibly one of the lowest scored game by EnixSquare in a long time. That, combines with the fact this is the first Enix game on Wii, I forsee a fantastic future for both.

@SC.

Please save the money and just get LO instead if you are looking for a JRPG

The last iteration sold 2 million the first week? What fantasy land are you living in? The last game, which spawned the Swords spinoff was a standalone and not on a console. Unless you mean the last console game which was a Yangus spinoff that didn't even break 500k on the massive PS2 install base. Surely you're not comparing Swords to Dragon Quest VIII, because that would just be downright moronic.

Anyone that thinks that 500k for this game isn't "selling well" is a douche. You can just look at the game and clearly tell that it didn't need 500k to make a profit let alone break even. So yeah, I'm sure Enix is THRILLED about the killing they made off of this game.

I don't know what it is about the Wii but your desperation is getting pretty bad, to even try to argue that this game didn't sell well when it compeltely shat on the entire PS360 library in Japan? Yeah, I'm sure Enix is pissed abotu that. WII DOOMED!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Alright I'm so confused. What rpg should I get. This one, Lost Odyssey, some other wii,ps3,360 upcoming rpg in the next month or none.

seems great to me!! :)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!