By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I love Nintendo

kingofwale said:

1. Because we all know lacking choices is great for the consumer, right? You don't see any other company making only one model of a product.

2. it makes no sense, since PS3 is just as reliable as Wii.

3. ...or like how Nintendo focused on Wiimote but with 2 of their biggest games, people rather play them on old controller?

Honestly, those are some of the worst reason to pick up a Wii. It's almost as bad as my ex's "Because it comes in pink" reason.

The reason to get a Wii:

1. Nintendo first party games.

2. completely different way to play games.

3. it's less expensive.

If you would actually read the posts you quote you would see that for that reasons I love Nintendo and not that for that reasons I got the Wii.

1. 1 good SKU is much better than plenty of SKUs all lacking something or being too expensive. 

2. I was talking about 360 not being reliable. PS3 may be as realible as Wii, but how that makes saying 360 not being reliable nonsense ?

3. I don't think it's that hard to understand that some games are best played with 1 type of controller, while others with another type of controller.

I noticed from your posts that your having fun picking on people, but try limit yourself to the ones that deserve it. They are more than plenty.

Around the Network

1. they are expensive because the parts are. Frankly, Wii lacks harddrive, but instead of giving people the option to pay a little more and get a harddrive, Nintendo chose to stick to 1 SKU.

2. You are saying xbox is not reliable, but that doesn't justify getting a Wii, in fact, it would justify only if you got a PS3 AND Wii because they are both reliable.

3. And the same can be said with six-axis vs Dual-Shock 3. get what I'm saying?

P.S. I don't pick on people, I pick on issues. I don't have the time and energy to read anyone's posting record, I just stick to the topic.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

the one sku thing is totally right. having multiple sku's and constantly switching them bringing in new ones and removing old ones is just plain retarded. nintendo knows how to make a good system and sell it at a good price so there is no reason for consumers to even try to decide about a really expensive best version of a system or a still expensive dumbed down version. i think they've learned actively trying to confuse the consumers ain't such a good idea. hopefully next gen goes back to the way its always been done of one sku for all consoles, you buy a system and you have the system, not you have a extra big harddrive system or you have a stripped down crappy version of the same system or some other version that they don't even make anymore.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Plus they give you candy whenever you buy a console.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I love Nintendo also :)

They make reliable consoles and console games :)

I have owned every Nintendo console since they released.

SNES (had from my father), GameBoy Color, N64, GBA, Gamecube (borrowed from friend), Nintendo DS Lite (owned but was my cousin DS Lite).

I need to get my own DS Lite and Nintendo Wii.

Around the Network

i love nintendo. i cant live without it. WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think im crazy!!

I like Nintendo not for those reasons (though they are bonuses), but because they make the best games.

I like Nintendo is cause they make my favorite games,
I grew up with nintendo from a SNES to a wii

FaithRaven said:

Disclaimer: I'm not a Nintendo fanboy and the Wii is the first console I bought after gaming 11 years on PC. The reason why a PC gamer like me picked the Wii over the other consoles have been discussed in a lot of threads, no need to say it again.

I actually plan to get a PS3 or a Xbox 360, but the reason why I don't do it (yet) is because I find Microsoft and Sony immature.

So here are my 3 main reasons why I love Nintendo and why I think that Nintendo is the only mature company:

1. Only one SKU. You don't need to bother if you should buy the cheaper or the most expensive one, or if you should wait for the next SKU to be released. Sony did a complete mess, they added features, then removed them, then promised to add them back. People have no idea what to buy now.

2. Fiability. I would be crazy to buy an Xbox 360 with all that hardware failures. There is no official support for consoles in my country and this makes it even worse.

3. Straight Orietantion. I still laugh at Sony when they said that rumble is last gen and then they've added it to the PS3 controller a few months later.

Xbox 360 and PS3 are two very good consoles with a lot of potential. But the hardware failures (360) and the marketing stupidity (Sony) makes me stay away from them, at least for the moment.

In what way are Sony and Microsoft immature?

EHSTEVE said:
FaithRaven said:

Disclaimer: I'm not a Nintendo fanboy and the Wii is the first console I bought after gaming 11 years on PC. The reason why a PC gamer like me picked the Wii over the other consoles have been discussed in a lot of threads, no need to say it again.

I actually plan to get a PS3 or a Xbox 360, but the reason why I don't do it (yet) is because I find Microsoft and Sony immature.

So here are my 3 main reasons why I love Nintendo and why I think that Nintendo is the only mature company:

1. Only one SKU. You don't need to bother if you should buy the cheaper or the most expensive one, or if you should wait for the next SKU to be released. Sony did a complete mess, they added features, then removed them, then promised to add them back. People have no idea what to buy now.

2. Fiability. I would be crazy to buy an Xbox 360 with all that hardware failures. There is no official support for consoles in my country and this makes it even worse.

3. Straight Orietantion. I still laugh at Sony when they said that rumble is last gen and then they've added it to the PS3 controller a few months later.

Xbox 360 and PS3 are two very good consoles with a lot of potential. But the hardware failures (360) and the marketing stupidity (Sony) makes me stay away from them, at least for the moment.

In what way are Sony and Microsoft immature?

He just gave the reasons after he said that. READ lol I agree with the OP on this. I only wanted to get a X360 for the new Banjo-Kazooie game for it, but after hearing it's not how the first 2 games played out, I'm not getting it. I also only want the PS3 for it's JRPGs, but if FFXIII is going to be expensive to purchase (I heard it might sell for $70+ from some stores and on other forums). Plus I don't want to shell out my money on expensive things, when I have a PC for that.