By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS to pay 2.6 billion dollars for WP8 phones from Samsung Sony others

pbroy said:
Callum_Alexander said:
Microsoft can throw as much money as they want at the phone companies, I still won't be buying a windows phone.

It doesn't matter what phone you buy. M$ will get money no matter what phone you buy.

I guess that is there intention, but I won't buy a phone with their OS. I don't like that interface at all, plus I like the freedom of Android.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Ive been looking at the xperia z1s but that price tag... I know I want to switch providers so ill need to pay some money for a phone but $528 is too steep.

z1s you mean the z1 compact ? It will go down in price rapidly. The z1 was 650 at first 3 months later its 499 I guess in May the Compact will be 399.

Callum_Alexander said:
pbroy said:
Callum_Alexander said:
Microsoft can throw as much money as they want at the phone companies, I still won't be buying a windows phone.

It doesn't matter what phone you buy. M$ will get money no matter what phone you buy.

I guess that is there intention, but I won't buy a phone with their OS. I don't like that interface at all, plus I like the freedom of Android.

i dont get it you can costumize the ui....

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Sony Windows Phone for me.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:
Sony Windows Phone for me.

Who knows that we might be able to stream PS games and Xbox games on one device..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Not sure stockholders would view this as a good investment.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I'd be down for a Xperia WP.

This is a good idea, they have grown market share in all markets as of recent. However you got the same haters that never have something nice to say. This will make it so people who Like Samsung can stay with Samsung. This is as simple as making more options and a good idea after the market share they have been gaining. However the spin is, Blah blah blah. Another reason I don't stop by this site to much anymore. Same people, different day. I never stop in Sony threads, yet seems to be a daily routine for some in here, to constantly bash the other side. Nice job, we notice you don't like MS on the other 1,000 comments you made, we get the point. It's not as if your comment ever changes or is unbiased.

Um, throwing money at things won't solve problems. They are better off using that money to develop apps for Windows. I read that Apple spent $10bn on helping develop apps for the istore.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

pbroy said:
Callum_Alexander said:

In some weird cases MS gets more money from a Android sale than Google.