By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - slowdown?

i have some troubles on the site, very slow

and i have pop-up which i haven't had in ages

and what about you?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

yep. took about 40 seconds to load this thread.

^ Me too it so slow that I feel like I have dial up.

it is for me

Page generated in 25.8902 seconds

when going to the main page

For a minute I thought it was my ISP or my computer. But if I visit another site like nfl.com, I connect smoothly with that site. VGChartz has been kinda slow these past couple of days. Even today it's slow.

Around the Network

I have vista and when i check in rescource monitor how much bandwidth is being used when loading one of these pages its only about 100kbps and my connection is 61.5 times faster than that. There isn't alot of people on either compared to other days.

I have Vista too, and I have the same specs as you said above. I really thought it was something wrong with my PC, so I used System Restore to manufactured settings. Now I have the same problem, so it must be something wrong with this site.

I can post, but at the bottom of the page it says how long does it take to generate a page and it went from 0.98 secs to 5.98 secs. That is horrible considering there is hardly no one on the site right now.

Page generated in 30.3991 seconds
^ homepage...
that is not good

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Maybe its the server.

I understand completely, but we should be at least happy that we are actually posting on the site though.