By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo won't hit their forecasts. How did they get them so wrong?

What's up with the forecasts?

Nintendo are too optimist... 146 68.22%

Nintendo are trying to de... 68 31.78%

Total:214
Xen said:
TheGhosts said:
Xen said:
If you look at the Wii U situation at least, Nintendo is completely incapable of reading the market.

Why is Nintendo incapable of reading the market? The Nintendo Wii U just need more games, like it was with the Nintendo 3DS!!! And it's NOT Nintendo's fault that 3rd Party developers are not able to make great games for the Nintendo Wii U and are only able of makeing awful console ports with no support!!! And Nintendo can not make all the games alone which the Nintendo Wii U really needs to get more sales because at least Nintendo is not EA and they make quality games instead of rushed ports or something!!!

While not a key argument, half of the fault in the third party situation lies with Nintendo, from lack of communication, to building a piece of hardware that is simply not as simple to work with as the X360 was (still is) or the PS4 currently is, systems undoubtedly loved by third parties.

The games statement is correct - it indeed is what sells systems. But Nintendo has been so far unsuccessful with pushing massive numbers using their own software like they did with the Wii. I suppose they really overestimated SMB3DW. The Wii proves that a system doesn't necessarily need massive third party support to sell systems, but Nintendo also put too much trust in their own software... manifesting in an inability to read your market. Back in the Wii days nobody would even bring up the third party point in a Wii sales discussion.

First i would like to say that your arguments about bad communication and that the Nintendo Wii U is comlicated to develop for is absolutly nonsense because how do you know that this is true? I don`t know from where you have this info but this is not a fact, you should not believe everything what you read in the internet. No one knows hard hard it is to develop a game for the Nintendo Wii U, but we all know that you can develop awesome games for the Nintendo Wii U, and Super Mario 3D World as example proves this!!!

An as i said, Nintendo can not creat 150 awesome games alone!!! The Nintendo Wii U is ONLY one year old, and for this short time Nintendo alone released alot of great games in this short time for the Nintendo Wii U!!! So i won`t say that Nintendo does not support the Nintendo Wii U!!! And what counts is that you have quality games and not that you have the most games. I rather would have just one game a year which is awesome and fun as hell, instead of having 100 games which are only average games!!!