By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oculus Rift - best of CES 2014 Engadget

Will Oculus Rift be successful?

Yes 38 76.00%

No 2 4.00%

Only for hardcore tech people 9 18.00%

Total:49

Survival horror, FPS, Firt-person RPGs, and racing games. This device will revolutionize them.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

This is a huge jump and probably the greatest addition to gaming without destroying,holding back or changing the idea of the game like others do (Kinect for example).
I can already see me freaking out while playing some horror games or games with spiders in it ._.

Slimebeast said:

Yeah, that might become a problem to all people who play on outdated PCs or a laptop, but I personally think I will be fine since I soon plan to purchase a mighty PC system with the AMD FX-8350 and Radeon R9 290. Together with the Rift it's gonna be so sweet.

What's your plan?

My PC is pretty weak right now, but I don't really plan to upgrade in the next ~3-4 years (I kinda hope I can resist that long) - by that time they might have a consumer Rift v2 with higher resolution, if they launch the v1 with 1080p.

I'm interested to see what kind of support it gets and to see how much it's going to cost.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Lafiel said:
Slimebeast said:

Yeah, that might become a problem to all people who play on outdated PCs or a laptop, but I personally think I will be fine since I soon plan to purchase a mighty PC system with the AMD FX-8350 and Radeon R9 290. Together with the Rift it's gonna be so sweet.

What's your plan?

My PC is pretty weak right now, but I don't really plan to upgrade in the next ~3-4 years (I kinda hope I can resist that long) - by that time they might have a consumer Rift v2 with higher resolution, if they launch the v1 with 1080p.

Wow, 3-4 years is an eon when it comes to PC gaming. How come that long if you already have a relativly weak PC?

Aren't you a PC guy and Steam member? What r ur main gaming platforms? (I forgot)