By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict: Which will sell more in Q1 - Xbox One or WiiU? 2 Weeks to go! XB1: 950k vs WiiU: 450k

Which will sell more in Q1 - Xbox One or WiiU?

Xbox One 350 45.10%

WiiU 370 47.68%

Tie 56 7.22%

Total:776

*Sales not shipments, will use VGC figures but if NPD/Mediacreate show higher/lower for either system, will adjust based on that.

Release Schedule:

WiiU:
January:

February:
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

March:

Xbox One:
January:
Tomb Raider

February:
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Rayman Legends
Thief
Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

March:
Titanfall
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Sales:

Q1 last year for WiiU - 520k.

Things to note!

WiiU is down this week in Japan YOY 20k, a trend?

Microsoft may announce tier 2 release dates which may fall in Q1.

Around the Network

I'd say the Xbox One will sell more, even though it won't be out in Japan or some European territories by April (as far as I know).

Wii U has been selling a lot in Japan the last weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if the sales spiral downwards to ~20k a week until DK is released. Wii U isn't selling in Europe and some of the games releasing in Feb/March will put the Xbox One further ahead in the US.

Isn't Wii fit U on January?

I think it's clearly obvious that the Xbox One will sell more. Not only because Xbox One has more software releases those months but because the Wii U is proving to be a incredible failure.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Wow, It's a tie.

For me it looks like the X1 has a clear edge here so I would like to hear what the WiiU supporters have to say.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Pretty even voting so far!! :)

Around the Network

I am gonna say x1

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well X1 has Titanfall... that alone will boost it above the Wii U...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Here is some good info.

First Jan - March for PS3 in the US

Total 500k

Can XB1 match that though??

wii u will
i honestly dont know anyone who even wants an xboxone. too expensive for the system and then online price the ps4/wii u is just a much better option and this is coming from a previous 360 fan

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:
wii u will
i honestly dont know anyone who even wants an xboxone. too expensive for the system and then online price the ps4/wii u is just a much better option and this is coming from a previous 360 fan

3 million people want one :P You shouldn't base predictions based on those around you, it's a drop in the ocean.