By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGC i have failed you!!! wrong Prediction: Sunset Overdrive to be the highest rated Xbox One exclusive in 2014

bananaking21 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Heck no, this game has flop written all over it.

care to explain how?

Developer history , it's been a long time since insomnaic made a good great game, it looks like quirky, whimsical that would only attract a niche market, in an already crowded shooter market. Also being on xbox who seem to me less likely to take to a quirly, whimsical game like this.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
bananaking21 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

care to explain how?

Developer history, it looks like quirky, whimsical that would only attract a niche market, in an already crowded shooter market.

you contradict yourself in those last two points. if its attracting to a niche, then it isnt trying to compete with the crowded mass market shooters. if it isnt trying to attract a niche then it is competing with the other shooters and it has a unique art style to set it apart. 

also, looking quirky, and whimsical doesnt mean it will attract a niche and flop. look at team fortress 2.

bananaking21 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
bananaking21 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

care to explain how?

Developer history, it looks like quirky, whimsical that would only attract a niche market, in an already crowded shooter market.

you contradict yourself in those last two points. if its attracting to a niche, then it isnt trying to compete with the crowded mass market shooters. if it isnt trying to attract a niche then it is competing with the other shooters and it has a unique art style to set it apart. 

also, looking quirky, and whimsical doesnt mean it will attract a niche and flop. look at team fortress 2.

Competing against the big shooters is not exactly helping your argument...................Sorry just how I feel, based on who the developer is and the genre it's in, looks like it will be one of those we say how poorly it sold a month after it launches.

I think Quantum Break will have those honors personally. Perhaps Halo 5.

Fable Legends get my vote.

Believe In The Cloud!

Around the Network

It is between Halo 5 and probably Titanfall. Those games are gong to be review by Ryan McCaffery, thus starting a trend of high-rating.

On a serious note I doubt QB will get the highest, since critics/players have mixed feelings towards Remedy's games. Sunset Overdrive might have chance if it was releasing next year. I am also with Wright that D4 might surprise some people, so that's my sleeper game.

I feel bad for QB and Sunset Overdrive(which is being develop by the resistance teams), those games are being overshadowed.

RawrJa said:
It is between Halo 5 and probably Titanfall. Those games are gong to be review by Ryan McCaffery, thus starting a trend of high-rating.

On a serious note I doubt QB will get the highest, since critics/players have mixed feelings towards Remedy's games. Sunset Overdrive might have chance if it was releasing next year. I am also with Wright that D4 might surprise some people, so that's my sleeper game.

I feel bad for QB and Sunset Overdrive(which is being develop by the resistance teams), those games are being overshadowed.

titanfall is xbox one exclusive now? weird because i have a PC and no xbox one, but i am gonna play titanfall....... weird shit going on right there xD

@bolded: well, they are new IP's, and for QB we seen two trailers and what seems like a few glimps of gameplay and for SO it was just a trailer. does anybody even know if its FPS or TPS?

^whoops

axumblade said:
I'm hoping. It's my most anticipated Xbox One titles..They need to break their curse some time. Their most recent games have been lackluster at best. :/

Did you not enjoy Into the Nexus?  I was singing its praises to JayWood just yesterday!

bananaking21 said:
RawrJa said:

titanfall is xbox one exclusive now? weird because i have a PC and no xbox one, but i am gonna play titanfall....... weird shit going on right there xD

@bolded: well, they are new IP's, and for QB we seen two trailers and what seems like a few glimps of gameplay and for SO it was just a trailer. does anybody even know if its FPS or TPS?

All I know about SO is that it is open world shooter. Most likely a FPS since is being develop by the resistance team.