By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best story-wise JRPG?

Hurr1cane said:
gergroy said:
Suikoden 2 has the best story

Here is my list of jrpgs with good stories

Chrono trigger
Xenogears
Suikoden 2
Final fantasy 7
Suikoden 3
Final fantasy x
Xenosaga trilogy
Skies of arcadia
Last story
Xenoblade chronicles

Ff 13 and 13-2 have crap stories. Easily the worst in the series in my opinion. I still own them for some reason though...

Glad someone mentioned Xenosaga trilogy as I just bought all 3. No one ever mentions FF7 dirge of cerberus is it garbge cuz I also picked it up.

Xenosaga is good aswell, but the first 2 titles were really good for insomnia problems. The third one nailed it though!

I havent played Dirge, it seemed ok, but the story seemed mostly irrelevant. The only important part is the ending where someone from the past (a villain i think cause i havent played Crisis core yet). It left the door open for FFVII-2. If square ever decides to make it.

Around the Network

The World Ends With You.

Please do yourself a favour and play it. An absolute masterpiece both in terms of gameplay and story.

I remember being heavily invested in the Skies of Arcadia Legends story

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ThatGreekGuy said:

I haven't played many JRPG's but I've heard that most of then lack a story and just go into combat, is that the case with FFXIII and FFXIII-2.

Is this true?

I really enjoyed the story in Persona 4 and the stories in the Persona series are great and the SMT games so I think they got that going for them.

Lol, what? Final Fantasy XIII should only win the RPG of last gen everyone is trying to forget happened. 

That being said, Suikoden 2 has by far the greatest story. I would like to give honorable mentions to the Xeno series especially Blade (greatest jrpg of last gen) and Gears (the one that started it all).

gergroy said:
Suikoden 2 has the best story

Here is my list of jrpgs with good stories

Chrono trigger
Xenogears
Suikoden 2
Final fantasy 7
Suikoden 3
Final fantasy x
Xenosaga trilogy
Skies of arcadia
Last story
Xenoblade chronicles

Ff 13 and 13-2 have crap stories. Easily the worst in the series in my opinion. I still own them for some reason though...

Epic list of JRPGs my friend. Played and beat them all except for Skies Of Arcadia. Wish I could get my hands on it. Monolith's X is on the definite must have list. 

Around the Network

grandia 2 ... mareg :(

Thanks jlmurph!