By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All hope for Sony and Microsoft is lost

kingofwale said:

Wiifit can measure exactly 2 motions, shift to the left, and right, and the shift of your centre of gravity is measured in a slow and accurate pace. It's perfect for workout, horrible for fast pace action like cheerleading.

That's an assumption, not an established fact.   Even in WiiFit there's a dancing rhythm game, so I don't see why it couldn't be used in a cheerleading game in some competent capacity.

Likely the balance board would be opinional anyway. 

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
blaydcor said:
Considering I started the thread, and I was a cheerleader (yes, I'm a guy) in high school, and we were State Champs 4 years in a row, I'm pretty sure I'm not knocking it for being girl oriented.

I'm picking on it because it sounds ridiculous

Ditto. Nobody is knocking it because it's somehow a 'girl's game, like you claimed.

We are joking around it because to us, it sounds like a bunch of half-baked mini-games taking advantage of the wiifit popularity.

Can you jump up and down on your Wiifit board? Can you do a human pyramid on there? Does it register screams?

What about guitar hero?

Can you perform sweeps/tapping/slides? What about pickup feedback? Can you write your own songs? 

If you compare guitar hero to actually playing a guitar, its compltely lame. But guitar hero offers a different experience and while it shares the some similarities, it isn't the same thing. 

Please keep in mind that I'm not at all saying this game will clearly be awesome. It could very well be bad. In fact, that's true for every game. I'm just irked that the premise was so immediately dismissed and ridiculed, while other similar games are frequently held up in high esteem, despite having very short development cycles and (once established) often being nothing but a track-list swap for each new iteration.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

1)I assume, because of the inherent nature of rhythm games, that this is a quick cash in
2)You say I have no basis for this assumption
3)You then say that "DDR games and the like take virtually no time to create"

A little inconsitency? It's a game that can be quickly and cheaply made, it's in the first wave of games using a new peripheral, and is obviously designed to sell, not too please. I'm sure the designers at Namco did not think "Hmmm, what do people really want out of rhythm games?", more like "Hmmm, what untapped facet of rhythm oriented activities can we milk some money out of.".

You seem to be operating under the assumption that, by discrediting this game, I'm discrediting the Wii. Not so at all. I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid; I've owned every Nintendo console and handheld.

I think you can agree that, going with precedent, this game will most likely be a poorly made cash-in. If you don't agree, you're either being irrational or naively optimistic.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I always thought there was not enough cheerleading in gamimg.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

Or maybe Namco said, 'Hey the Wii has a large female base. WiiFit will make that larger still. What type of game might appeal to this market?'
Why assume it's crap? It may well be, but it's not fair to assume that simply because it's never been done before.

I'm not assuming, I'm predicting.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Or am I no longer allowed to form a VERY reasonable opinion any more without being bombarded with arguments from every side? Why defend it?

blaydcor said:
1)I assume, because of the inherent nature of rhythm games, that this is a quick cash in
2)You say I have no basis for this assumption
3)You then say that "DDR games and the like take virtually no time to create"

A little inconsitency?

I'm fairly certain you haven't been aware of when I'm sarcastic and when I'm not. My point wasn't that you should also mock DDR, my point was that you should mock neither.

You could also mock both, although I personally think they're both fine. So you can mock neither, or both. What doesn't seem fair, to me, is to mock one but not the other -- and that's precisely what's happened. To my knowledge, you've never made a post or thread lampooning Rock Band, or Guitar Hero, or DDR, or Samba De Amigo, or Parappa tha Rappa (my personal favorite), or any other game that might be similar.

My question is: if we now agree that all the games in the entire rhythm genre are "quick cash ins," according to your own words, why did you decide to ridicule this one in particular, when all we have to go on is that it's a cheerleading game developed by Namco?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

How am I getting the feeling people are willing to defend the most obviously silly idea of a game out of pure love for a console?

Console and games are completely separate, Just because I love #### console, doesn't mean I have to automatically take offense to someone dislike a game from that console.

Since we all must agree to disagree. I have no problem waging 1 week ban on the game getting a sub 7 score (gameranking). Who is up for it?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)