By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game console will have the most EXCLUSIVES in 2014?

Which game console will have the most exclusives?

3DS 30 16.04%

Wii U 83 44.39%

PS4 60 32.09%

XB1 12 6.42%

PS3 1 0.53%

XBox360 0 0%

PSVita 1 0.53%

Total:187

I picked ps4 dawg!!!!

Around the Network

WiiU cause google that shit

And don't you guys dare count a game on ps3/ps4/vita as an exclusive... they are technically 3 different platforms with the same game

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

For single console exclusives, probably the Wii U.

Meh, I thought this was about 8th gen consoles and by the look of the votes so did everybody else.

Out of 8th gen I'm going to go with PS4, because in addition to what we are talking about in the west, it is also going to get titles in Japan that most likely will not be on XB1 or WiiU.

My 8th gen collection

vivster said:
Legendary_W said:
vivster said:
First you need to define the scope of "exclusive". I'm pretty sure there is coming a lot of shovelware to WiiU and 3Ds which are not coming to other consoles.

Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, maybe X, Yarn Yoshi, probably Miyamoto's new IP, Hyrule Warriors. These aren't shovelware. And I'm just talking about a few of what we know, remember how Nintendo presented Super Mario 3D World in the E3 and released it in November? Personally I expect them to do the same with a couple major games like, I don't know, maybe Paper Mario, Zelda U or hopefully some new installment for an old and unused series such as Starfox or F-Zero.

You've just got to believe!

I'm talking about real shovelware here which can technically also be an exclusive so that's why I was asking.

I am well aware of the big titles that are coming to WiiU and 3DS. No reason to get so defensive about it.

Under that logic, all consoles always get shovelware, maybe more, maybe less. I simply dislike when people is being unfair. There is no particular reason to mention Wii U. Maybe 3DS, since it sells like hotcakes and succesful consoles alway get tons of those but not Wii U. In fact, it would make way more sense to say PS4 will get more shovelware simply by watching it's current sales.

Oh, and I hope you read it in a calm voice. I am actually trying to be as polite as I can.

Around the Network

Something Nintendo.

Legendary_W said:
vivster said:
Legendary_W said:
vivster said:
First you need to define the scope of "exclusive". I'm pretty sure there is coming a lot of shovelware to WiiU and 3Ds which are not coming to other consoles.

Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, maybe X, Yarn Yoshi, probably Miyamoto's new IP, Hyrule Warriors. These aren't shovelware. And I'm just talking about a few of what we know, remember how Nintendo presented Super Mario 3D World in the E3 and released it in November? Personally I expect them to do the same with a couple major games like, I don't know, maybe Paper Mario, Zelda U or hopefully some new installment for an old and unused series such as Starfox or F-Zero.

You've just got to believe!

I'm talking about real shovelware here which can technically also be an exclusive so that's why I was asking.

I am well aware of the big titles that are coming to WiiU and 3DS. No reason to get so defensive about it.

Under that logic, all consoles always get shovelware, maybe more, maybe less. I simply dislike when people is being unfair. There is no particular reason to mention Wii U. Maybe 3DS, since it sells like hotcakes and succesful consoles alway get tons of those but not Wii U. In fact, it would make way more sense to say PS4 will get more shovelware simply by watching it's current sales.

Oh, and I hope you read it in a calm voice. I am actually trying to be as polite as I can.

It's just that I rarely see such software on non Nintendo consoles. They are there and plenty I guess but it's odd that it gets shoved in my face online and retail even though I'm not even looking for Nintendo games. Maybe the WiiU has less of those because of the low sales but 3DS is definitely full of them. Vita has no gaemz anyway^^

But back to topic. I think WiiU and 3DS will have by far the most exclusive games simply because the hardware is unique with features that are missing on other hardware.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If we discount shovel-ware and basic crap. (ie. pretty much anything on Kinect, about half of the DS library, almost anything based on a children's show or animated film, anything made by EA... you know, that kind of shite). If we're only counting decent, worthwhile exclusives, I'd say the Wii U. My main problem with the question is how many games are discounted because idiots can't do marketing. Just look at Super Mario 3D World. There's a 3DS game with a similar style and premise, Super Mario 3D Land. These are clearly different games. Sonic Lost World on the other hand is also two clearly different games on 3DS and Wii U but because they have the same name the media, magazines, even wikipedia, acts like they're ports of the same game. They're not.

This happens all the time. The amount of times I saw adverts for games on TV and it'd say "Out now on Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC and Nintendo DS" and I'd want to shout out "no it fucking isn't, the DS version won't even be similar". This practice annoys me. As far as I'm concerned Sonic Lost World is an exclusive on both the Wii U and 3DS, and are completely different games.

I think it will be Wii U, because most games will be shared between PS4 and Xbone. And it will be a mess, with all third party AAA games being for PS4/Xbone/360/PS3 or 360/PS3 or PS4/Xbone or PS3/360/Wii U etc, etc... So there won't be many exclusives this year for those two.

Nintendo will (or at least) should do its best with the Wii U this year, so a lot of games will be released for it. And we don't know if Nintendo has more deals with third parties. Also, where are you guys getting that about Nintendo and indies? They have a great relationship, and I've seen a lot of indies being positive about Nintendo, and releasing/anouncing a bunch of games for their system! It won't be as good as PS4, but still good support. 

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/428712/over-1000-indie-devs-have-shown-interest-in-wii-u/

https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988