By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Titanfall be THE GAME That Pushes Xbox One Above PS4 in America?

Aerys said:

PS4 is above X1 whereas PS4 is out of stock , what will it be when the stock will meet the demand + Infamous+Driveclub ?

Titanfall cant win against PS4 huge demand +  these 2 games, but it could help to beat PS4 one week

Driveclub isn't a system seller. And having a PS+ version is going to hurt its retail sales. All people need it for is to show off the graphics, and that's what that version will do.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Aerys said:

PS4 is above X1 whereas PS4 is out of stock , what will it be when the stock will meet the demand + Infamous+Driveclub ?

Titanfall cant win against PS4 huge demand +  these 2 games, but it could help to beat PS4 one week

Driveclub isn't a system seller. And having a PS+ version is going to hurt its retail sales. All people need it for is to show off the graphics, and that's what that version will do.

Drive club won't sell any more consoles than need for speed to be honest. It's not Gran turismo. 

if it was an xbox one exclusive I reckon it would kill! I am getting it on 360 however like a lot of other people I suspect as I have no interest in purchasing a xbox one right now.

Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
uuummmm no. By the time it comes out the gap will be what? 1/5-2 million consoles in the PS4s favor? On top of that, pre-orders are on par with those of Second Son so it's not like it will be the only big exclusive out.

Xbox fans are really have a lot riding on Titanfall. It must be tough to rely on ONE game to save the console.

He said America.

Ah yes, my mistake. Do we have a way to look at numbers for a specific region?

Yes, in the weekly sales numbers for USA

Ooooh yeah! 200K units is still pretty big for being so early and considering Sony's supply issues. It's certainly possible for the Xbox One to make up that ground but like I said it being early doesn't really bode well for MS. They got outsold by nearly 60K units just in the newest numbers. For the One things will certainly get worse before they get better and I think people over estimate Titanfall.

These latest numbers is actually the first week that PS4 has outsold X1 in 4 weeks I believe. I think people are underestimating the amount of Xbox dudebros that love fps and sports games. 

You are underestimating Driveclub, the simple fact it will be one more good game to add to the list can push PS4.

Plus, you forget multiplatform, they sell much better on PS4, so they'll make sell more PS4 : Dying LIght, The Crew are not even listed on X1 ( same for KH 3)

Watch Dogs (and Destiny) has much more pre order on PS4

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
SuperMarioWorld said:
if it was an xbox one exclusive I reckon it would kill! I am getting it on 360 however like a lot of other people I suspect as I have no interest in purchasing a xbox one right now.

Actually just looking at the pre-orders, no 7th gen game is out-performing its 8th gen counterpart for Sony or MS.

toastboy44562 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Aerys said:

Drive club won't sell any more consoles than need for speed to be honest. It's not Gran turismo. 

Drive Club will launch with more U.S. Retail pre-orders than Rivals for the PS3 (the best selling version of Rivals) Sold week 1 world wide. It will do fine. But no, it's not GT and it probably won't be a huge system seller. But we can't really say if QB will be either.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

and yes, we dont even know if QB will be a system seller.

Remember alan wake, i dont think it was a system seller

When you look at pre order charts, PS4 is winning by far in 2014...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:

Ooooh yeah! 200K units is still pretty big for being so early and considering Sony's supply issues. It's certainly possible for the Xbox One to make up that ground but like I said it being early doesn't really bode well for MS. They got outsold by nearly 60K units just in the newest numbers. For the One things will certainly get worse before they get better and I think people over estimate Titanfall.

These latest numbers is actually the first week that PS4 has outsold X1 in 4 weeks I believe. I think people are underestimating the amount of Xbox dudebros that love fps and sports games. 

Yes that's true but that's a supply issue not a demand issue. That's apparent when you look at how hard it still is to find a PS4 that isn't on Ebay or some similar site. Meanwhile the Xbox One is in stock and ready to ship at most large retailers.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

If it delivers, most definitely. The PS4, while likely to have a healthy and quality software library eventually, has NOTHING exclusive like Titanfall on the horizon and if it gets hot, it's gonna GeoW things (yes that's a verb now) for the XBO in a big way. Only thing it's missing is a holiday launch, but it'll still be interesting to see if it drives console sales during a generally down period.