By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Titanfall be THE GAME That Pushes Xbox One Above PS4 in America?

It's pretty certain the Xbox will Once again rule the USA. It's selling basically the same amount of units being 100 dollars more expensive than the PS4. With a price cut, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Call of Duty exclusives, Kinect, Xbox Live superiority, and the failing Wii U, the Xbox One has everything going for it. My question is, will the Xbox One start outselling the PS4 when 360 owners will want the superior version of Titanfal and upgrade to an Xbox One? I think Titanfall has the potential to sell a million+ Xbox One units in 2014. It will push Xbox One over PS4 all the way until Halo 5 in the US!!

Around the Network

It can be that game, it has all the hype behind it, all it has to do is deliver. Im pretty sure the x1 will get a pretty nice boost because of it, but I dont think it will have a long time effect, which again goes back to if it delivers or not.

random15 said:
It can be that game, it has all the hype behind it, all it has to do is deliver. Im pretty sure the x1 will get a pretty nice boost because of it, but I dont think it will have a long time effect, which again goes back to if it delivers or not.

Microsoft wouldn't have bought the rights to it if it wasn't good. I could see this being like the next Gears of War

the fact that it is on the 360 and PC will probably end up hurting sales of the xbone

The superior version of Titanfall will most likely be on PC.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

It can for a few weeks maybe, but there needs to be price parity before microsoft can really get any kind of long term advantage

true but all those multi platform games didn't hurt Xbox One or PS4. In fact those multi platform games performed better than the majority of exclusives.

I think for the console to have real momentum it needs more than one exclusive game that is highly rated and we don't actually know how good Titanfall is at this point.

Also remember it is also on PC so the Xbox One version may not technically be the best and its possible the Xbox 360 will also pull off a pretty good version too.

I think for Titanfall to really push Xbox One numbers it really needed to be exclusive to Xbox One.

toastboy44562 said:
random15 said:

Microsoft wouldn't have bought the rights to it if it wasn't good. I could see this being like the next Gears of War

Microsoft bought the rights because of the hype/potential this game has. IMO if Titanfall was to cost $40 it would make a killing for a new IP.

Price is the one thing holding the X1 back in America... if Microsoft drops the price to $399 with a Kinect-less bundle you'll start seeing incredible demand for the system, especially once games like Titanfall and Watchdogs start to drop.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.