By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect's 300 Greatest Games of All Time

Some personal stats, i own 70 of those games in some shape or form, with a small handful that i've played but never owned.

Of my own top 50, those that didn't make the top 300 were: Mario Tennis, Wario Land 2, Sonic Heroes, Kirby 64, Mario Power Tennis, Wario Land 3, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Yoshi's Story

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

This is so bad it's downright embarrassing... just wow.

Well, I've played 142 of those games so, I don't think that's too bad.

bouzane said:
This is so bad it's downright embarrassing... just wow.

Why? It's more about the people that took part rather than a be all and end all list. You could always take part and help skew the list in your favour next year

That's the most strange list of "best ever" I've ever seen. Some of the games and their positions were surprising, at the very least. It just comes to show what happens when you ask a lot of people about their favorite games, the answers wildly vary.

Ocarina of Time at #1 spot makes me kinda sad though. I digress.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Final-Fan said:
The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow in the top 20 was Uncharted 2. Great game, but top 20? Whatever. 

That's the only thing that jumped out at you in the top 20?

I mean, I could surely quibble about the order of some of them, or the absence of others, but I wasn't surprised at the presence of anything but Uncharted 2 in the top 20. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

RolStoppable said:

I couldn't stomach trash like KotoR.

Oops.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

axumblade said:
outlawauron said:
axumblade said:
To those complaining about the games that ranked at the top the reason this list is Nintendo heavy is because not enough PC, Playstation or Xbox users voted to get their franchises in the top 10. I'd love to see a top 10 that wasn't so Nintendominated but it won't happen unless more people vote.

Why is that? I don't really like reviews, but it's one of best reviewed games of all time and the fan reaction is even better.

What game? 

Doh, I meant to quote Final-Fan.

But your post is why I wasn't surprised at the results. VGC has always been Nintendo-majority, regardless of what people may say.

Final-Fan said:
outlawauron said:
Final-Fan said:
The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow in the top 20 was Uncharted 2. Great game, but top 20? Whatever. 

That's the only thing that jumped out at you in the top 20?

I mean, I could surely quibble about the order of some of them, or the absence of others, but I wasn't surprised at the presence of anything but Uncharted 2 in the top 20. 

Why is that? I don't really like reviews, but it's one of best reviewed games of all time and the fan reaction is even better (Uncharted 2 is one of ten best reviewed games averaging 9.6).