By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LOL "Nintendo Wii to Displace Xbox 360"

Source

Hey check out this article. There are already some comments about their "prediction". lol. Hey, I also plugged the site. :)

"SAN FRANCISCO - Nintendo's Wii is expected to displace Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 as the new-generation video game console with the world's largest installed base.

The global installed base for the Nintendo Wii will rise to 30.2 million units in 2008, up from 18 million in 2007, according to research firm iSuppli. This will put the Wii ahead of the Xbox 360's total of 25.7 million units in 2008.

This will mark the first time the Wii has taken the installed-base lead among the new generation of home video game consoles, a market consisting of the Wii, Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 and the Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3.

"The Wii's performance illustrates the success of Nintendo's strategy of targeting casual users with an inexpensive console and entertaining titles, rather than addressing hard-core gamers by offering highly sophisticated and spectacular titles and systems," said Pam Tufegdzic, research analyst for multimedia content and services at iSuppli.

"In this stage of the new-generation video game console market, consumers are showing they'd rather be entertained and pay less for their consoles than shell out more for the latest and greatest technology."

Hard-core gamers traditionally have been the target for most video game console and software makers. However, this is beginning to change due to the rising numbers of casual gamers. A casual gamer is defined as someone who doesn't play games every day, but occasionally will play for an hour or two.

The types of games that appeal to such users are easy to play without much of a learning curve.

The Nintendo Wii is perfectly suited for the casual gamer with its mass-market appeal, its fun motion-sensor controllers and its quickly growing portfolio of games.

The installed base for the Nintendo Wii will grow to 37.7 million units by 2011, rising at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 20.3 percent from 2007."

Around the Network

25.7 million? Lmao

That article is filled with so much uninformed BS that it is painful to read it.

Wii will outsell both xbox and PS3, but it will never replace it.

You won't see PS2's last gen-ish domination, what you will see is close to 3 pilar of gaming. With Wii selling 80-100 million, PS3 60-80 mil (end of gen) and xbox 40-60 mil

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It feels like a mix of 2006 and Retarditity.

Damnit, I wish that was a real word.

Ah well.

Around the Network

HAHAHAHAHAHHA very funny article lol, "The global installed base for the Nintendo Wii will rise to 30.2 million units in 2008, up from 18 million in 2007, according to research firm iSuppli. This will put the Wii ahead of the Xbox 360's total of 25.7 million units in 2008."

Also "The installed base for the Nintendo Wii will grow to 37.7 million units by 2011, rising at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 20.3 percent from 2007."

Those quotes really cracked me up, those guys are really hilarious.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

UNPOSSIBLE!

Yes, finally! By the end of 2008 Wii will have officially outsold the Xbox360 according to some reasearch firm! Hooorah!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

iSuppli were the ones who predicted the Wii would make 37M by 2011 right?

Why do I get the feeling that they are run by a group like the SDF? I mean all of their stuff is farcical.

Someone should write a letter.